Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WWYD?
Pay the rediculous fee and feel ripped off but knowing the pain will go away! 0 0%
Calll a laywer and bring this absurd institution of arbitrary towing practice of over-charging to courts! 2 66.67%
Don't do anything and wait for collections to call and not answer. Fuck the world and its injustice! 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Question about Blood Alcohol Content

Dali,

"yet you extrapolate that to a full 1:1 water to blood replacement. Not some of your better work."

Please explain why you felt that extrapolation was a bad one. Remember, water is 100% water.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 PM

I had been skipping this thread because I thought it was going to turn into one of those DUI laws bitchfests...so glad I clicked on it now.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 PM

This thread has to be the greatest level in history.

Anyway if the OP is really that clueless, maybe I can help out a little.

Yeah, yeah, it's wikipedia

[ QUOTE ]
For example, a BAC of 0.02% can mean 0.2 grams of alcohol per 1000 grams of an individual's blood, or it can mean 0.2 grams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood

[/ QUOTE ]

So Daliman this is proving you to look rather stupid. As you can see a person with a BAC of .08 would not have 8% of alcohol in their blood, but rather .08% of alcohol in their blood. Or actually alcohol would comprise .08% of their blood.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has to be the greatest level in history.

Anyway if the OP is really that clueless, maybe I can help out a little.

Yeah, yeah, it's wikipedia

[ QUOTE ]
For example, a BAC of 0.02% can mean 0.2 grams of alcohol per 1000 grams of an individual's blood, or it can mean 0.2 grams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood

[/ QUOTE ]

So Daliman this is proving you to look rather stupid. As you can see a person with a BAC of .08 would not have 8% of alcohol in their blood, but rather .08% of alcohol in their blood. Or actually alcohol would comprise .08% of their blood.

[/ QUOTE ]
As much fun as it's been reliving old bitch-fests with El Diablo, I'm going to end my participation in this thread with this final post.

I read some of that article, and likely even that sentence. My confusion came from not always seeing % after the .08 or whatever is used when referring to BAC. I even stated in the OP it appeared I was wrong. The rest of this just goes back to the fact that that lack of common civility on the internet is pretty appalling to me. I initiated no insults in this thread, and fully expected to be lambasted if I were wrong, which I don't have any problem admitting I was. Say that was stupid of me to think, fine by me, it probably was; say I'm a moron, I fear for the future, etc etc, from people who aren't just goofing around I have a problem with. When people go out of their way to insult as many in this thread did, and Diablo so over-the-top did, well, that bothers me. It really shouldn't, as I should be used to the immaturity pervasive of the internet in general. Then to go and effectively insult my friends intelligence also, some of which are far more accomplished than Diablo ever will be, well, again, I should just consider the sources.

In short, yeah, I guess it was pretty dumb of me to think that, although it's not an uncommon perception. If you wanna think I'm dumb, thats fine, I make a living off of incorrect perceptions. But insults, while many find them fun, are uncalled for. It'd be nice if rude and antagonistic behavior were modded as it was once supposed to be.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:58 PM

wow. just wow.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM

Dali,

"I even stated in the OP it appeared I was wrong."

You were aware that people had survived with BACs of over .50 and had heard someone survived with BAC of .91. Yet you still only thought it "appeared" you might be wrong that .10 meant your blood was 10% alcohol.

"say I'm a moron, I fear for the future, etc etc, from people who aren't just goofing around I have a problem with."

I fear for the future of the human race for many reasons. One is really stupid people procreating. I'm simply voicing my opinion. Sorry you have a problem with that.

"Then to go and effectively insult my friends intelligence also, some of which are far more accomplished than Diablo ever will be, well, again, I should just consider the sources."

Any intelligent person reading this thread will think you're dumb, Dali. Sorry.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 PM

Can somebody recall the definative Dalithread from a while back? I remember the "blind give back" situation, but there was something far more idiotic well before that, right?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can somebody recall the definative Dalithread from a while back? I remember the "blind give back" situation, but there was something far more idiotic well before that, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a poker related one in STT where he thought he would be able to play profitably against 9 copies of ZeeJustin. (EDIT: Sorry, 9 copies of ZeeJustin that were fully sharing information and working to maximize team gain.) And this was before the multiaccounting scandal, for extra deliciousness. But I doubt this is what you're thinking of.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the others have said and I'm late to the show, but I'll inject this thread with what I know, which may not even be the answer.

When someone has blood drawn for the BAC test, the results come back as a number like 149.5. That translates to a BAC of .1495. I know this because I arrested a guy for a DUI related crash and had to get a search warrant for his lab results, where I then contacted the lab tech to ask him what the 149.5 meant.

And from my understanding, it was always .08%, not 8%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. The 149.5 is 149.5mg/dL, and this is not interchangeable with BAC by %.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had been skipping this thread because I thought it was going to turn into one of those DUI laws bitchfests...so glad I clicked on it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I hadn't looked at this thread for the same reason. but I recently saw you list it in the "things that make people look ridiculous" thread.

i'm also glad that I read this one!