Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Where to find fine XXL tees?

^ and yet you opened the thread.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Every now and then I get in the mood to see a freakshow. What can I say? It's not like I visit rotten.com or anything.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I regularly get shirts that shrink drastically after a washing or at least two or three -- and I wash in cold water and take them out of the dryer immediately! So I have resigned myself to buying oversized casual stuff these days. Just got a nice shirt, plenty roomy too, the other day that became my new favorite shirt and within a month it was unwearable. Grrr!

Thanks for the tips all. I find it hard to see myself in punk gangsta t-shirts; I'd laugh even if nobody else did. But maybe that Lands End would be worth a try at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I actually walked up to an "urban youth" gang banger type I've seen around and sorta know and asked where do you get a white shirt that fits nice and loose (like the one he was wearing). He confirmed that one should avoid Wal-Mart and try some sort of "Urban Outfitter" type place. I was surprised to find out his cost only eight bucks considering it would have to be size XXXXXL on the Wal-Mart scale.

~ Rick
Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 AM

lol, you walked up to a gangster and asked him where to get a huge white t-shirt? You must have a completely different type of gang-banger where you live. Here in Cincinnati the urban youths wear white Ts that go down to their mid-thigh. They're HUGE.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I regularly get shirts that shrink drastically after a washing or at least two or three -- and I wash in cold water and take them out of the dryer immediately! So I have resigned myself to buying oversized casual stuff these days. Just got a nice shirt, plenty roomy too, the other day that became my new favorite shirt and within a month it was unwearable. Grrr!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you said this because I thought I was the only one! I wash my clothes with cold water and tumble dry them on low and yet they still shrink. I hate it when my t-shirts shrink up so that they look like they were made for a 10 yr old. You wouldn't believe how many shirts I've thrown away because of shrinkage.

I want to know where the girls buy their t-shirts from. Lands End? I just want ones that are kind of thin and sort of loose fitting. (i'm talking for an average size girl, not a big girl [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 10-08-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you walked up to a gangster and asked him where to get a huge white t-shirt? You must have a completely different type of gang-banger where you live. Here in Cincinnati the urban youths wear white Ts that go down to their mid-thigh. They're HUGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, same type, same type of t-shirt.