Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Does is bother you that other people are much smarter than yoursel

I think a lot of the time people tend to look a lot smarter then they really are. A few of my friends consider me to be a genious because I'm a mathematics student and can always help them with their homework, but I cringe at being called that because I know its not true. Same thing with the guy in your classes that always answears the professor and points out mistakes. If you start talking to them outside of class you usually realize that they were exposed to the subject before and they're really not much smarter then you. I think people tend to try to look as intelligent as possible to the outside perceivers, and a lot of the time they do that well. Certainly there are people smarter then me, but I think some of them may consider me to be one of the people smarter then them. So all in all it doesn't bother me too much. I am much more proud of the talents I have acquired through hard work then through genetics; and the further I go in mathematics for example the more I realize that the really talented people are the really hard workers.