Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Home Game - Argument gets started

the fact that they called you and tried to get the money back shows that they had an argument about it and see you in a different light now too.

IMHO, give her back the $10, and never invite them to play poker again, it's pretty simple. I've had similar situations in home games, if someone is going to get butthurt about a $10 buyin and protest it after the fact they're not the kind of people you want to gamble with. It doesn't mean you can't be friends, in fact I think doing this and never playing poker with them is about the only way to save the friendship.

This is a tough spot because to give the $10 back would be somewhat admitting that they are right, so what I would do is say listen, that's not how poker works, you can't protest a result days later, but since you are still learning and new to the game, here's your $10 back, and I'd prefer if you didn't bring the big bleeding vagina to future games.

It's sad and disgusting how money effects certain people, but that's reality. Some people just can't play poker for money without pulling something like this, or holding a grudge, or something worse like trying to cheat next time.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 AM

Argh, this thread put me on lifetilt both from the unbelievably lame friends and lying OP. Please ban both OP and his friends, I hate them all thx!

Oh yeah, give them the money back but don't invite them to any more games.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough spot because to give the $10 back would be somewhat admitting that they are right, so what I would do is say listen, that's not how poker works, you can't protest a result days later, but since you are still learning and new to the game, here's your $10 back, and I'd prefer if you didn't bring the big bleeding vagina to future games.

It's sad and disgusting how money effects certain people, but that's reality. Some people just can't play poker for money without pulling something like this, or holding a grudge, or something worse like trying to cheat next time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly my thoughts. By giving her the money back, you're basically saying that other people can try to pull of stuff like this in the future with you, or that you indead tried to steal the pot from her.

Also, I find it hard to believe that you can totally misread a hand like this in a heads-up situation. If you go all-in at any point before the river, you certainly know your odds and your outs, so you know what cards are good for win/loss/chop that can still come. If you had gone all-in at river - with in your case the nuts - she should be pretty foolish to "misread" her KK as KJ since any jack gives broadway. Maybe another example, like a chop pot with two pair and kicker on board, maybe, but not this...
Old 10-06-2007, 09:00 AM

Your friend was new to poker from what you posted. I would say she doesn't understand the basises for the rules of poker. Take the time to explain hands can not be contested after they get mucked and certainly not a few days afterwards.

If she got second place then she did win some money didn't she?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Argh, this thread put me on lifetilt both from the unbelievably lame friends and lying OP. Please ban both OP and his friends, I hate them all thx!

Oh yeah, give them the money back but don't invite them to any more games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You call me a liar but I hopefully explained that I am NOT SURE as to what was on the table.
Anyway , there were 8 people evaluating the hand and they gave me the win. But nobody seems to remember (or doesnt want to "choose sides").
Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 AM

Once the hand is over, it is over. Absolutely over, and that's the way poker is played for generations. That is the unwritten code.

If you friend continues to dispute this, he knows nothing about poker and don't invite him back. Also, show him this thread.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 PM

maybe the board was 9 10 K Q K?

That would give her a king high straight whilst you had the nuts.

If this is the case, explain to her hand rankings more clearly, saying that whilst you both hand straights, your ace made you a higher straight ect ect.

If, however, this isn't the case and she did definately have KK in your recollection and thus didn't have a straight, and is in hindsight claiming KJ on a board that would give both you and her the nuts, just speak to a few of the people that were at the game. They should be able to verify the details.

If she is right (which is improbable), refund the buyin and apologize.

If she is wrong, refund buyin and don't play with them again. People have already mentioned the reasons.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i remember the board i had AKs and she pushed with KQo

board read TJQ9A giving me an ACE high straight and her only a KING high straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a joke? Or is DJCoax your gimmick account for this question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like DJcoax as an account created by killsadie just for this story.

Can mods check IPs? One account per person here, correct?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i remember the board i had AKs and she pushed with KQo

board read TJQ9A giving me an ACE high straight and her only a KING high straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a joke? Or is DJCoax your gimmick account for this question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like DJcoax as an account created by killsadie just for this story.

Can mods check IPs? One account per person here, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read it I thought killsadie was just making a joke. Don't know that there's a rule about multiple accounts, not sure why it's a big deal, but I can confirm that DjCoax posted the same question on another forum with the name DjCoax and a 2 year+ posting history.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 AM

Why does anyone care if it's a gimmick account? Why would mod's check the IP, it's not like it actually matters.