Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Afraid of getting bluffed on the turn

This turn play made me feel like a 7 year old girl. I mostly didn't want to have to deal with a c/r and I try to tell myself that what I might have lost on the turn I'll get back on the river if this guy's a bluffer. Is this reasonable?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB
Old 10-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Afraid of getting bluffed on the turn

I would have value bet the turn and if you get check raised call down, Then make a note on how this specific player plays flopped trips HU to give you a better idea of what to do in the future in this same spot vs this player.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 PM

If you are going to check the turn, I think you have to check the river. I could be wrong, but if you are fearing a check raise on the turn, then you should also fear it on the river. Don't bet the river unless you know villian will call with all small pairs 22, 3x,44, 5x, 66 or with a worse 9. He very likely will call with a worse nine, but your raise preflop followed by a check on the turn, should scream monster.

FWIW, I bet this turn and river for value in the heat of play.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 AM

standard