Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Attention Atlanta, Georgia:

All I know is that the group of attendees look much more normal and social in ATL than in the LA pictures I saw. You weirdos need to get out more.

Also, AEKD, let's you and me go get women.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 AM

woulda saved myself some money if i came
Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 AM

soooooooo looks like fun!

Did Peachy show????

LA>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>ATL
b/c what tuq & iggy said PLUS we had 2 2+2 girls..me & Kiera (whew!!! -that is unless Peachy showed- and IS a girl)! A mod (tuq) and freakin ADMINISTRATOR Mr. Slansky...and we closed down our bar and still wanted to all hang out together- so almost everybody went back to Slansky's room...really sweet!

But again, looks like a great get together you all had!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 04:48 AM

peachy did not show. anacardo was not all that surprised.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
peachy did not show. anacardo was not all that surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well a few know, but since its "no surprise" why I didnt make it, I guess I will just share my "no surprise" reason publically to get people over it -

At the end of July my mother had a stroke which left her unable to move on an entire side of her body and having little speech outside of a few basic words, so needless to say she needs 24 hr care. As a result of the stroke we found terminal cancer, giving her around 6 months at best. Basically, since she got out of rehab a month ago, I have moved out of my place and moved into her house in order to take care of her. I have been on almost 18 hr shifts with her so naturally that leaves me with zero time to go anywhere at anytime since she cannot be left alone under any circumstances. I have one sibling which helps during the day, takes her to her radiation and other doctor appts, but basically my days consist of getting up between 2pm to 4pm and staying awake until 9am to 10am - once I do get to sleep I get bothered non stop (phone calls, people coming in my room to ask questions, etc) so I cannot remember the last time I slept 5+ hrs straight. Two weeks ago she had a heart attack, which put her back in the hospital for a few days, this has been the only time I have gotten to see friends of mine in I cannot even remember how long, sadly the sleep didnt happen because long hours were spent redoing her place here, running errands since now I had a chance, or at the hospital. I am now back on my whack schedule, and we only have a nurse from 9am to 2pm daily (before we moved her here they had her one 24 hrs a day, which is ridiculous because a "tech" which is the lowest form you can get, is 20$ an hr almost, sure that doesnt sound like a lot, it didnt to us at 1st either, but that adds up to 400$ a day and 12k a month, money we decided to save for when she gets towards the end and needs a more expensive nurse 24/7 (RN, etc).)

Not that any of this is anyones business, but as you can see, it was nearly impossible for me to make it Friday night, even though anything would have been a welcomed break for my sanity. But its a hard decision to make anyway when my mother cries for me or my sister over the nurse. So, even though Im near total exshaustion I just cannot stomach leaving her here entirely alone with a nurse, not only because it upsets her a bit (even with a nurse she knows well), but also noone seems to be able to understand her wants/needs because of her speech except her children, thus you can imagine the position I am in. When she calls out for anyone, she can usually only say my name, so whether its me or someone else she wants she always asks for me, and this confuses most people who arent familiar with the situation, thus instead of trying to get her what she needs they spend pointless time explaining to her where I am (at the store, upstairs, sleeping, doing laundry, etc.) She cannot even ask for her pain medicine when shes in pain, she cannot ask to go to the bathroom, she cannot even ask for a glass of water - when we go to her we have to play "basic" 20 questions "do u want water" "do u need the bathroom" "do u want your medicine" etc etc, things most of the nurses either dont know to do or dont think to do, which confuses, frustrates and frightens my mom when shes with someone shes not familiar with and they dont know what she needs.

So yeah, if you want to be surprised I didnt make it, when I never even said yeah, then be my guest, but dont patronize me when you have no idea why. When I cant even see my own friends, I think its understandable why I dont go out of my way to meet a bunch of people I dont know, most of which are extremely judgmental towards me anyway.... (this doesnt include you FFK, you have always been a sweetheart) [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

When I do have time to do one of these itll be for someone like FFK, not the rest of the "peach" sucks crowd...
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq,

I'm pretty sure she is who she says she is, is the girl we've talked to on vent, etc.

The fishy stuff is more

1- who is playing on her account/where she gets her poker money
2- her whole educational career
3- her perpetual medical ailments

There's some degree of confusion/obfuscation there that leaves you wondering what is up. It may all just be that she's goofy and doesn't communicate well, who knows. She'd probably be pretty interesting to meet regardless of what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt meant towards you dids, cause you usually defend me, just addressing a few things

1st - I havent said for YEARS Id make these, I knew about maybe 2 or 3 of them, and said id try or think about it. My life for a number of reasons has been very busy (school, traveling almost half the year with part of it outside the US, my health on occasion, football season, other plans, basic life stuff, etc etc.) On top of that, I have never known many of the people well that ask me about a meet or tell me to go, usually its a random PM on here or myspace, and IF i do know who a few of the people are they are people who are rude to me, patronize me, or go outta their way to hound me, thus why would I give up other things in my life to go to one of these things when I usually find out a few days before?

2nd - I am 100% honest about my education, I have even posted my transcript within minutes of being asked, something that cannot be faked?!?! If people want to believe someone that "types" like me cannot obtain the education I have then so be it. I never claimed to be smart, it was a butt load of work for me, and my grades suffered for it in the beginning, but I finished what I have said I finished and was working on what I said I was working on.

3rd - its not medical "ailments", its ONE thing, it has been since I was 21/22. Others who post here that are closer to me, OR know me in person, can attest to this and everything else about me (my education, my situations, who i am, etc.) So I am not worried in the least about proving this to people.

4th - Im not someone who wants pictures of me all over the place, its my personal business. Sorry. Again, people that know me well understand why, so despite what anyone says its not gonna make me post pictures up to be harassed over in whatever shape or form, negative or positive. I am who I am, and I dont care what others think about it. At times Ive been cute and at other times Ive looked like pure butt, but thats for me to enjoy and deal with. Like I have said a million times, im 300lbs and rarely bath....

5th - Sorry its an ego hit for some people, yes it is me playing ranging from 15/30 to 100/200+. I made money in poker in past years, Ive posted long term (over a YEARs worth) graphs that shows Im a very decent winner - to again counter against people that attack me. Its borderline ridiculous the amount of stuff I take the time posting to "prove" things about myself. I gave up doing so about a year ago, and have rarely posted since in comparison. God it must suck that a girl some of you find to be not so bright is playing higher than you - therefore she just ISN'T!! OH MY GOD!! Its NOT her!! So yes, part of my money comes from poker and some of it comes from money I have made/obtained outside of poker, at other times people have taken pieces of me in tournaments and larger games - and NO not because I am a girl, but because they know how I play and can go beyond the "all girls suck at poker" mentality.

If there is anything else people wanna address here about me, go for it....
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pfhew oh ok got it. I never [censored] @ the bar before and ended up doing so w/ some korean chick in the bathroom of the cabin room late night. Still, i was scared (memory didnt recall she-male, i did [censored] a chick right?. right?). Couldn't-a pulled it off without the 2+2 drunkeness. thanks guys. jack, makers and tequila brings out the best in us

[/ QUOTE ]

cabin room? is that the place where you me and dub met some asian chicks last time i was in town?

nice work anyway, we all know you can't spell "class" without "ass"!!!

good news is that i met a girl tonight who told me about a place open till 5am in san fran, which is huge cause everything closes at 2. so we'll hit that up when you swing through...
Old 10-07-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we all know you can't spell "class" without "ass"!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am unsure what this sentiment is meant to convey.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Peachy,

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother and what you and your family are going through.

But I don't get where you think we were saying that you suck. You were mentioned that you might be coming, a lot of internet doinks got excited, in the ensuing excitement people tried to play it down by bringing into doubt your gender, (completely standard for OOT when a girl is involved), people got more excited and then you didn't show.

Actually since the get-together, the only question has been, "Did Peachy show?". Nobodies ragged on you, just wanted to know if you turned up or not.

And just remember that the amount of attention that your coming generated signifies how much a lot of people would like to meet you. That has to count for something, right?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is anything else people wanna address here about me, go for it....

[/ QUOTE ]

You going to the UGA/GT game?