Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Waiting for turn to protect

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is in EP and you are closing the action, just call and wait until the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not even close to closing the action. At least both blinds and UTG checked. I am revising my original statement; hit the raise button for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit I'm a little conflicted on this one. We have an equity edge right now and the likely hood that 6 may see the turn for 2 bets with maybe one other player in an ev positive situation(on bets going in). So at least 4 people making mistakes in the order of 2/3 of a BB a piece. On the turn I think you could make 3 people pay a double bet with significantly less equity. That would be a larger mistake for fewer opponents, plus you have the option to pass if the the board becomes nasty.

Here is the thing though, this wouldn't fit the style of game I play at 3/6. A turn raise almost always means terror and doom at my local cardroom so you will normally do better to play straight forward. Oh and I almost forgot, I like callers.