Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: More Fish on Weekends? Evening? Don\'t think so! ???

Fridays are usually paydays. this is good
also weekends are often drunk days.
this is also good
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 PM

When I ran a underground I knew what week the social assistance / disability cheques came in. We'd suddenly have 20% more players who we only saw once a month.

Not sure if that would be an issue with online poker since they might not have a deposit method.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM

The last many months I've noticed that the low limit that I play on Stars is quite a bit tighter on weekends. The standard that I'm using is the number of VP-30+ tables available. There are frequently many of these available during the week and substantially fewer on the weekends. The only way this makes sense to me is that possibly, many players that were playing full time at lower limits have had to go back to real jobs and now only have weekends to play.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:03 PM

I know for a while last fall/winter, I was 12-tabling constantly for a couple of months, way way more hands than I ever put in on a regular basis, and every single friday and saturday night were really good nights, just really noticeably better than any other day or time. It's sort of weird having a long thread talking about this when it just seems instinctually logical that recreational players will play more at night and weekends.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The last many months I've noticed that the low limit that I play on Stars is quite a bit tighter on weekends. The standard that I'm using is the number of VP-30+ tables available. There are frequently many of these available during the week and substantially fewer on the weekends. The only way this makes sense to me is that possibly, many players that were playing full time at lower limits have had to go back to real jobs and now only have weekends to play.

[/ QUOTE ]I've noticed this at FTP. A few months ago I sat at some FT $100NL tables on Saturday night ready for some easy grinding and was shocked to discover four of the other five players at literally almost every table had the same 22/19/4-ish stats I do.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
total number of players doesn't tell the whole story.

Some recreational/casual players only have time to play on weekends and some people only drink on weekends too. Makes for an interesting combination.

How many VP-85 donks are you finding on weekends vs. rest of the week is the key.
For me I find way more on the weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Playing professionally for the past year, I've come to really enjoy stars from 9-noon every day. Just a lot of loose-passives to value-bet (euro donks). During the evening, the variance goes waaaaay up along with the aggression due to the US players.