Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: PSA for winning players

Sure, some players just lurk here and read stuff. However, if you really want to make money playing poker it is going to lead to not playing online. I expect the online games to get more and more difficult as times goes by.

Also, Mike and QTip summed it up pretty well.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:48 PM

The games will always be beatable. The reality is that even when you do this full time it is a challenge on many levels.

There are enough people who will never grasp even basic strategy, nevermind all the character flaws that doom so many.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:13 AM

?

so what's the purpose of this forum?

and what is the proposal here? a sticky with a list of things that can and can't be posted?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:41 AM

I think only very few percentage of total players visiting these forums. For example,I have about 100 friends who playing poker and most of them are donks.

About 80 are donks - losing players. They dont read books neither visit forums.

Other 20 are winning players but only 10 of them visiting local forums. But 5 of 10 posting and are active. And 10 of 2 visiting 2p2 regulary and posting here.

Conclusion:
100% playing poker.
80% are losers
20% are winning/break players who dont read forums
10% are winning players who reading local forums
5% are winning players who are active in local forums and maybe lurking 2p2
2% are active 2p2 forums.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 AM

I am an average to decent player online and fairly good live. I think that the post by the OP is laughable at best. Does he really believe that the average "casual" player actually even cares about strategy,odds,+EV or anything else? The players who are reading this site, analyzing their play,posting,using PT & PAHUD are in a different boat than grandma who is having fun at $10,$25 or even $100 NL.

Second, how many players do you know who are actually using any of what they are reading. Application is just as important as perspiration in this context. All the reading in the world is not going to help if you let if fly out your ears once you sit down at the tables.

And to think that you can stop individuals who wish to learn from coming to this site or any other and getting the information that they are seeking to become better is downright nuts.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 AM

It is also good to know how others think in relation to how you think....your perception may be different.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The games will always be beatable. The reality is that even when you do this full time it is a challenge on many levels.

There are enough people who will never grasp even basic strategy, nevermind all the character flaws that doom so many.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ games remaining beatable for the vast majority that play for a living right now
Old 10-09-2007, 05:31 AM

*GRUNCHING*

Poker is about intelligence. Some of us are well aware of what advice that seems to take root and that which doesn't, and are equally aware about what 'moves' are overdone because peers say that's the way to do this or that, and what moves are underdone, and play accordingly.

We're also aware this knowledge will permeate out by repetition and change general play over time, and we will try to adapt ahead of that.

This board helps players think. In imparting knowledge or opinion, it means you are thinking about what you're doing, so it can equally be of use to the knowledge giver as well as the reader. Good way to fix leaks, get new ideas, actually have an intellectual challenge to something that may be now embedded in your game - which may not be correct.

Micro and low limit play at the moment is like an arms race- among the regulars at least. As new knowledge takes hold and beds in, the better players stay ahead, but it never gets easier. You just have to keep playing and keep thinking to stay ahead.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While 1/100 will understand and implement what is said in the handful of useful threads here each month, they are still -EV nonetheless. We don't play this game to knowingly give up any edge, and this continues beyond the tables into places like this.

I registered here in May of 2005. I finally reached 1k posts a few days ago. I have played professionally online for 4 years now. OP is of course, %100 correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sound proud that you've taken more from 2p2 than you have given. congratulations! if everybody thought this way, there would be no 2p2...correct?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 AM

I don't know why, but when this got bumped again this is how I read the subject

Re: PSA for whining players