Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Stoxpoker or Cardrunners or somewhere else?

[ QUOTE ]

you seem to adding words to my original post. i didnt mention "secret" strats to beat games. what i was trying to convey was the fact that the top pros at cardrunners could improve peoples games in a much more superior and efficemt fashion if they made more videos to cater to their target audience and member base.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you watched any of the high stakes videos, you might have heard the pros' own words which are basically their existing low stakes video contributors can teach those stakes better than cts, sbrugby, GP, etc could.

I don't play anywhere near high stakes, but I do think watching the high stakes videos is valuable. I don't understand why you want to delude yourself into thinking that it would be awesome if there were six $1/2 videos a week by high stakes pros. That's absurd and I for one would cancel my membership if that's where the direction of the content went.

People want to take shots at higher stakes and understand the thinking behind the play styles and metagame that goes on at those levels. Personally, I would feel pretty gypped if GP dropped down and only did 1/2 videos.

You might be right about other sites catering to small stakes better in terms of quantity, I'm not giving any advice otherwise -- just that your idea of having the CR 'name' pros play more small stakes in videos is retarded. I stand by that statement.

GL, have fun, going to go rub one out while reading Aba's blog.