Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Default [50NL] QQ, standard shove?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($22.15)
UTG ($43.35)
MP ($48.75)
CO ($74.05)
Button ($44.90)
Hero ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $37</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $42.4</font>, Hero calls $0.

Turn: ($86.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($86.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $86.40

I'm just sitting down nice and fresh, no stats/reads on anybody.
Is this standard? Or because he's an unknown I'm facing a set thus fold to his flop minraise?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: [50NL] QQ, standard shove?

Eh...this is questionable, because he probably puts his stack in mostly with a set/KK/AA here. Occasionally, you will see 77-JJ, but not nearly as often (because he limped PF). Villain will sometimes make this move with the flush draw but usually this is a set.

I think you're beat here more often than not, so I prefer to call his flop raise and see how the turn looks. If he comes at you strong on the turn, give it up. If the turn is a non-spade, non-straight card, and he checks behind you, pop the river if it looks safe.

Also, bet more on the flop (I like $6).
Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 PM

In my experience, people generally give more credit to raises from the blinds, so without reads, I'd call the flop raise and plan on folding to a decent sized turn bet.

I think it's actually OK to fold to the flop raise due to position and the fact that your hand can't really improve.

In the future don't show that he shoved over you, it makes it obvious he has a big hand.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Good advice, thanks!

Conclusion:
Weird to say what's going on. As an unknown I should be more cautious. 77, 88, 99 might be possibilities. With TT, JJ I feel that he'd call-raise PF at least. I'm not sure about the math, but I hope PF I also raised enough to cut down on implied odds vs setmining.. Against a new player calling on the flop would've been best. If turn is a spade check/fold; if some other card comes, re-evaluate given his actions.

Again, given that it's 50NL and people suck, pushing to get him off 78s is a possibility. Calling and re-evaluating is a bit better of an option.

Hero has (one pair, queens).
MP has (straight, six high).
Outcome: MP wins $95.00.
What do you know.. I like his line, might use it some day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
It's true what you guys said.. I obv have a strong hand to be raising like that from the SB and he knows that he can stack me if the right flop comes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]