Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: PSA for winning players

besides don't you mostly play .5/1 and 1/2 anyway, its not like there is some magic secret that you need to know to beat those games
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Wait, hes being serious?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:26 AM

no giving you guys concepts allows you to build bankrolls at 5/1 and 1/2 so you can move up to where i play and misuse the concepts.

gg
Old 10-06-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear from Sgt Jake again.
He's not an idiot so he must see the obvious hypocrisy in making his 317th post about why discussing strategy is a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once read a BBV thread titled "unpopular opinions you hold". It was hilarious. Anyway, this is my unpopular opinion, and clearly my popularity will suffer as a result of posting it. I guess I'm sorry for holding an unpopular opinion.

Discussing strategy is fine imo. 99.9% of all 2+2 content is just that, and is fine imo.

Providing lengthy, accurate, detailed recipies for beating difficult games where significant money is at stake is foolish imo. After all, we're not playing for trophies and bragging rights.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:31 AM

It was a hell of a lot easier to post in great detail when party had literally 100 tables of 2/4 at all times and you could change your name every six months.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:32 AM

yeah I had those thoughts too

but there are enough fish for all of us. I'm not playing on tilt to mess with other 2+2'ers. If I knew who is one I'd avoid him. I have a close buddy playing the same stake on FT ... we don't join a table if the other guy sits there.

poker is not about "sharks vs sharks" or "2+2 vs 2+2"
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 AM

Which thread on the main page is this in response to?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Providing lengthy, accurate, detailed recipies for beating difficult games where significant money is at stake is foolish imo. After all, we're not playing for trophies and bragging rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to agree with this part.

I didn't used to but at some point I realized that almost all of the regs I play against read this [censored] and most don't contribute anything.

As it is I let my SN be known and post hands and respond to hands, but I am not going to write a detailed post about my game.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure you're missing the point of this website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt the point of this website to make fun of david sklansky by use of mspaint ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was to talk about coke [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 AM

You can't be serious.

How many people sitting in your game are playing like the balla's here? You could apply every bit of information given to you by the winning HS players on 2+2 and lose if applied incorrectly. Besides, the players who come here and post regularly ar going to be beating the game soon enough anyway if they stick with it...theres no magic formula and no substitute for experience, i do not think you have a valid argument here, seeing as you are playing the same stakes as pretty much everyone else. Are you beating 100/200NL because of one or 2 posts around here? Or is continual learning, think, analyzing your game and putting in 1000's of hands and reading myriad of posts from winners around here helping your game litle by little? There is no one "aha" moment(I don't think) but maybe about one every few months or so after learning from your mistakes and finally digesting the importance of a particular concept you have been struggling to understand. The people who stick around through all the crap and long, drawn out learning process are the ones who will benefit, not some casual player looking for the magic recipe in one post. Anyway, STFU.