Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Ask a College Basketball Coach

[ QUOTE ]

Because of the rules, Texas knew going in that Durant was going to college only because he had to, not because he wanted to. They also knew that, barring injury, Durant was only going to be in for a year. So what coach in his right mind would refuse to a top 5 recruit just because of that fact? They want to win and Durant gives them a better chance than someone who is not good enough to play in the NBA (and would therefore stay in school).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd answer that but here's where I admit ignorance to whether the school loses the scholarship if he leaves. If they do, is that worth the roll of the dice for one year?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because of the rules, Texas knew going in that Durant was going to college only because he had to, not because he wanted to. They also knew that, barring injury, Durant was only going to be in for a year. So what coach in his right mind would refuse to a top 5 recruit just because of that fact? They want to win and Durant gives them a better chance than someone who is not good enough to play in the NBA (and would therefore stay in school).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd answer that but here's where I admit ignorance to whether the school loses the scholarship if he leaves. If they do, is that worth the roll of the dice for one year?

[/ QUOTE ]
If they did lose the scholarship, schools like Florida and North Carolina would have few scholarships left, so I don't think they lose it.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If they did lose the scholarship, schools like Florida and North Carolina would have few scholarships left, so I don't think they lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The USA Today story the other day reported Florida basketball as having a 100% graduation rate based on the latest time frame.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The USA Today story the other day reported Florida basketball as having a 100% graduation rate based on the latest time frame.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was just using them as an example because they had 3-4 juniors leave the team for the NBA this season. I had no idea what their graduation rate is.