Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Vegas Poker 24/7 wants to connec to my PC

I have problem with getting my hand history through the client of vegas poker 24/7 (im getting a blank page when ever i click on tournement history)

after few emails and instruction i had to do they send me the following email:

Dear Mr. Hero,
Thank you for contacting us. I would like to set up a net remote control session with you so I can more accurately assess your situation. This basically consists of you connecting to my computer and allowing me taking control your system. In this way, I will be able to help you as if I were standing over your shoulder. You do not have to be afraid since this is a safe procedure and you will be watching every move that I do and you can disconnect me from your computer anytime you want with only hitting the “Disconnect” button. To do this, please send me your phone number, time zone and a good time to call (within my schedule) in a reply to this email. Our attending schedule is the following:Monday thru Sunday from 8:00 am thru 9:00 pm CST. I will try my best to call on time however; sometimes I do not get to the email with the call request until after the time that you request, so I wouldn’t be able to call on time. We strongly recommend you to set an appointment at least two days in advance so we can call you in a timely manner. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Shall i trust this guys?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Vegas Poker 24/7 wants to connec to my PC

I wouldn't, but I'm paranoid.

Do you trust them with your money?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 PM

No i dont trust them lol thats why im asking here, maybe someone had the same experince....
Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM

I would tell him you have a firewall that prevents his accessing your computer from the outside. (He MIGHT buy it.) Suggest that you could work on it while having a chat window open with him. You tell him what you see while he advises you to work on certain things. Anything gets too questionable, tell him to f'off and you find another place to play poker.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:21 AM

thanks for the advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
i will look for another place to play poker after i get my bonuses and rakebacks
Old 10-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Just tell him the truth...
You don't feel comfortable doing that, regardless of his assurances, and that you'd like him to verbally direct you. If this is a problem, you'll move to p-stars.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:15 PM

I think this is fine. It sounds like he is going to set up a VNC session, which just means he'll be getting a video feed of your screen and he'll be able to move the mouse around, click on stuff, and type. You'll be able to see what he is doing and you can cut him off at any time. Tech support at a lot of companies do this.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM

actually the most effective customer support possible. You can see exactly what he's doing, so you can cut him off at any time.