Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Just brought poker tracker, a few questions.

Looking around this forum more or less everyone who plays has poker tracker, I have tried the free 1000 hand trial in the past and can see how it helps you. I thought if I want to play properly and try and build and maintain a good bankroll then getting pokertracker wouls be a start so out of my own pocket I have just paid 33 GBP for it. Hopefully it will pay for its self in no time even though Im playing micro stakes.

Just a few things I wanted to know really, What else should I download? PAHud and Pokergrapher?

Anything else I should know about it or anything that will help me would be a great help.

Thanks

Steve
Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Just brought poker tracker, a few questions.

Hey dude- congrats on the purchase. Really helps.

PAHud really helps, however at micro-stakes you're going to be using it to identify the GOOD players at your tables, rather than the bad ones. Nonetheless you're going to eventually need to use it, so if you can afford it, grab it.

Pokergrapher is a great tool just so you can visualize your progress, and keep some records.

PokerEV is also great, can help you identify whether or not you are playing mathematically correct poker. i.e. If you've just lost 5 buyins, you can use pokerev to guage whether or not that was just due to bad luck, or bad playing.

Pokerstove is also fun. It's basically a hand simulator, but the one feature about it that's awesome is the range calculator. You can set an opponent's VPIP into this thing and it will pop out a 'most likely range of hands', which can be immensely helpful if you're just learning to put ranges on opponents.

PokerEV and Pokerstove are both free too, I believe, so not much to lose there!

GL
Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Basement is pretty much right on all counts--get those programs, it'll only cost another UKP 12 or 13 more (PAHUD is the only one that costs money, at $25).
Old 10-05-2007, 04:44 PM

should of wait for PT 2
it's almost out
Old 10-05-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should of wait for PT 2
it's almost out

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the recent version 2.17.xxxx?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should of wait for PT 2
it's almost out

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't have to pay for the new version so don't worry. They're giving it to people that only recently bought poker tracker.

I would definetly get PAHUD, even though it costs a little more, it is the thing that really makes poker tracker amazing. Having stats on people makes a world of difference and you'll see what I mean in no time.