Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: My Christianity: Free Will

mempho i dont understand how you can dedicate your entire life to believing in something that you can only say is possible and not even probable

i can literally think up an infinite number of possibilities for the creation of the universe that could not be proved impossible...most if not all of them would be ludicrous but possible nonetheless

people that are enlightened understand the importance in using logic and rational thought to make the best decisions possible in regards to personal belief

i could easily say that a giant pink bunny created the universe and use every argument you have made to support that god is possible...very few atheists say that god is impossible...but that gods existence is astronomically improbable and that due to this improbability, the consequences of not believing do not warrant one minute of wasted life on earth worshiping
Old 10-05-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mempho i dont understand how you can dedicate your entire life to believing in something that you can only say is possible and not even probable

i can literally think up an infinite number of possibilities for the creation of the universe that could not be proved impossible...most if not all of them would be ludicrous but possible nonetheless

people that are enlightened understand the importance in using logic and rational thought to make the best decisions possible in regards to personal belief

i could easily say that a giant pink bunny created the universe and use every argument you have made to support that god is possible...very few atheists say that god is impossible...but that gods existence is astronomically improbable and that due to this improbability, the consequences of not believing do not warrant one minute of wasted life on earth worshiping

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first premise is that there is no evidence of Christianity. Depending upon your perspective, that is false. There are two primary categories of thought on this:

1) The only little historical evidence is that which has been fabricated, manipulated, or embellished by the Church.

2) The only little historical evidence is only there because it has been protected by the Church despite attempts by Roman paganists, Islamic governments, and modern-day secularists to suppress or dismiss it.

The only known fact is this: Everyone has an opinion and that opinion is not always congruent with the truth.

I really think that you believe what you want to believe, though.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Ok, riddle me this. Why do I have free will to murder my neighbors, but not free will to murder Abraham Lincoln?

And why do we all have so much more free will than quadriplegics?