Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Default What do you do here?

20-40 live 9 handed. The game has been loose and fairly aggressive. Fortunately all the aggressive players are to my right. I have a TAG image.

Three players(all LAGs) limp, It is up to me in Hijack with KdTh offsuit. I usually muck it here, however, I notice both the cutoff and button getting ready to fold so I make the call. SB completes and the BB checks.

The flop: Tc7s6c

BB bets(He plays everyhand, peals every flop, will call multiple bets with just about nothing, only raises if he has the nuts and will check-raise here always. When he bets out he has a made hand which could be top pair, bottom pair. He never bets draws and he will always slow play flopped monster to the river.) UTG calls(Very loose, peals flop lightly, tricky, will fold big hands if he thinks he is beat.) UTG+1 raises(somewhat loose preflop, very tricky suffers from Fancy play syndrom, will limp with big hands, bets and raises draws aggressively.) MP calls(Knows the game well but way too looose preflop, will make a laydown but not until the river and even then pays off way too much. He is capable of playing will but quite often plays terribly.

Now it is up to me. What would be your play and plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: What do you do here?

Limping in with K10 off? Good luck maintaining your TAG image.

Reraise and bet non scary turn card.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting raising with the KT here? I think that would be silly given the game conditions.

Are you suggesting folding preflop? I suppose this wouldn't be a big mistake but given the looseness of my opponents and the fact that I didn't fear a raise behind me and knew I was going to get the button, I think this is a reasonable call preflop.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting raising with the KT here? I think that would be silly given the game conditions.

Are you suggesting folding preflop? I suppose this wouldn't be a big mistake but given the looseness of my opponents and the fact that I didn't fear a raise behind me and knew I was going to get the button, I think this is a reasonable call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

With three limpers, and the sb and bb to come, I think this is a bad preflop call. Middle suited connectors or middle pairs, yes. But K10off is just plain awful.

So you hit top pair with a good kicker, what do you do? There are so many people in the hand you have no idea if you are good or drawing dead.

I'd like to change my earlier post and tell you to just muck now and don't spend the 3+ big bets to find out how bad this preflop call was.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if youre this uncomfortable in hands like this you definitely muck this preflop, but i would raise it and bet a safe turn card. you brought this hand on by limping.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With three limpers, and the sb and bb to come, I think this is a bad preflop call. Middle suited connectors or middle pairs, yes. But K10off is just plain awful.

So you hit top pair with a good kicker, what do you do? There are so many people in the hand you have no idea if you are good or drawing dead.

I'd like to change my earlier post and tell you to just muck now and don't spend the 3+ big bets to find out how bad this preflop call was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you fold this hand if you are on the button preflop?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Tough hand. I think you go with the option that is the least bad here, and that's calling. You have TPGK in position against poor players that you seem to have reads on, so folding is a little too weak, IMO. The problem with raising is that there's a pretty good chance you won't like the turn card. Your trying to dodge clubs and any non-club 8, 9, J or Ace. Qs, 5s, 6s and 7s might not be great either. Raising a safe turn card seems right to me, given the reads that you have on your opponents.

Against more reasonable players than what you so adequately and colorfully describe here the decision b/w calling and folding would be closer than that b/w calling and raising.

And your PF call was fine, given what you observed. If you don't act on that kind of thing, what's the sense in paying attention at all?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:42 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am going to play this hand on the button, I would raise it, hoping to get rid of the Blinds. Given the description of the limpers, you are probably ahead. However, this is a classic trap hand...with you being the one getting trapped. Fewer opponents the better. Or simply don't play it.

Hope it worked out for you though.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:50 PM

I think pre-flop is fine. You essentially have the button, and KTo is fine OTB against loosies.

I'd raise the flop. Get the money in there when you are most likely to have the best hand against peelers. There are a ton of turn cards that you'll hate, but even so, the flop raise probably allows you to decide if a bet goes in on the turn/river.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am going to play this hand on the button, I would raise it, hoping to get rid of the Blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

your thoughts are conflicting.

why would you suggest folding it in the HJ if he knows the CO and button are ready to fold?

he basically has the button