Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Is it time to quit mtts when...

dude barry calm down
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL... much more dead money in MTT's. Although $50NL is generally pretty profitable as well. But I think it's funny, you are deciding what you want to play, based on 8 MTT's and 1 cash game session.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not 8 mtts its been two months of bad luck but i guess ppl go through worse... and my ranting was just dumb
Old 10-05-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ummm...taking $25 to 25/50 NL is a mistake. First, if that is your entire BR, you are under-rolled. Second, and more importantly, that means you didn't even start out with a full stack ($50) and cost yourself in expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt my whole br... and just took it there to blow off steam
Old 10-05-2007, 03:03 PM

quit mtt's and stick with cash...because $175/hr is sustainable at 50NL
Old 10-05-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL... much more dead money in MTT's. Although $50NL is generally pretty profitable as well. But I think it's funny, you are deciding what you want to play, based on 8 MTT's and 1 cash game session.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not 8 mtts its been two months of bad luck but i guess ppl go through worse... and my ranting was just dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know where you're coming from here, but the purpose of this forum (as i understand it) is for players to post hands/questions and get input from other players in an effort to improve as a player. I'm sure that over the past two months, there have been a few hands that might have put u to tough decisions. Post those here, focus on the aspects of the game that you can control, and make it your objective to make EV+ plays and decisions and the results will take care of themselves.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who [censored] cares? Honestly, I'm tired of reading this [censored]. Get the [censored] out. This is the problem with SSMTT - 4 out of every five posts these days is [censored] like this. It's like we are a waste ground for every [censored] who just took a bad beat in a tournament and wants to bitch and complain about it before relegating himself to his $40 BR and not trying to learn anything.

I mean, did you ever consider that SMALL TABLE TOURNAMENT STRATEGY is not the best place to post here. At least have the courtesy to figure out which [censored] place to put your piss and moan about how you didn't play in your bankroll and how you are now suffering.

I also think that posts like this should be locked immediately.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry, you're always so obscure. If you don't like the post, why not just come right out and say so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont' know what post you were reading but it seems to me as if he doesn't like the post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who [censored] cares? Honestly, I'm tired of reading this [censored]. Get the [censored] out. This is the problem with SSMTT - 4 out of every five posts these days is [censored] like this. It's like we are a waste ground for every [censored] who just took a bad beat in a tournament and wants to bitch and complain about it before relegating himself to his $40 BR and not trying to learn anything.

I mean, did you ever consider that SMALL TABLE TOURNAMENT STRATEGY is not the best place to post here. At least have the courtesy to figure out which [censored] place to put your piss and moan about how you didn't play in your bankroll and how you are now suffering.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry, you're always so obscure. If you don't like the post, why not just come right out and say so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont' know what post you were reading but it seems to me as if he doesn't like the post

[/ QUOTE ]

**slaps forehead**
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crash is leveling...right?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crash is leveling...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that OP isn't leveling.

Barry
Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM

hahaha... y do people get so disgustingly mad at tales of misfortune??? i get screamed at alot, right? i would like to hear a tale of these bad beats and what they were... like were they top set? flush draws? or top 2 vs bottom 2 pr? or just the runner runner double gutshot? also what levels of tournaments and buy in size are you playing at.

i have many ugly things to tell about $2-$5 buy ins... and most of them as everyone knows revolve around the motherdonkey hand big slick which like Anna Kournikova - looks great but hardly wins.

also i think posting that $175/hr is possible and sustainable is crap???? stop being sarcastic and giving this guy the wrong idea. do u really think that it wasn't just short term good table luck or some other Factor that contributed to your success?....

as for sng's, i've made some disgusting laydowns that nobody who reads these forums would make (top set w/ medium kicker, 45 of a 678 straight when i'm sure someone had 9 10... weak flushes). also i can say that on more than one occasion i've come back from a 100 to 1 chip deficit (literally 11500 player1, player2 3400, me 135ish... 3 handed)....

don't overplay monsters, then scratch your head when someone who is there for "entertainment" reraises your check raise w/ bottom pair then hits a 5 outer or less.

my goal any tournament is #1... get to the money and don't waste your time and effort otherwise #2... smoke a pipe... u'll be zoned out, in the money and like "wow, that was quick" #3... play from there with a positive expectation.
and while doing this all you have to play your best game.

and always remember Murphy's Law... If something can go wrong it probably will... You just have to learn to get around those problems.

poker's not for everyone but if you like to keep running yourself into a brick wall and expecting things other than a headache and stitches to happen...... get a helmet and protect ya neck???