Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: My first brag post ever: 100K hands 10ptbb/100

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, look at all the High stakes sharks. How about everyone that critisized the OP posts his graph for the last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I grabbed my last 100k hands, from 1/2 to 5/10 to compare.

It's close.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people climb Mount Everest? Because it's there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now now now that's a little extreme. The equivalent of your poker accomplishment is to go to an Outdoor store, buy a [censored] of climbing gear, camping equipment, and oxygen tanks for use to conquer the mound of topsoil your neighbour had delivered to reseed his front lawn. Blogging your progress is like setting up camp everytime you made it up a foot higher in the dirt pile.

I mean hey, you set a goal and you accomplished it, while entertaining yourself by blogging about it. Just realize that your enjoyment came from the arbitrary importance you gave it - and that if you got rid of the goal, the blogging, the stat analysis - you could have expended all that energy over the last year to make a [censored] ton more money by focusing on getting good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh...no. I love how u n00bs are ridin this guys jock for writing a bunch of bull$h$t.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean hey, you set a goal and you accomplished it, while entertaining yourself by blogging about it. Just realize that your enjoyment came from the arbitrary importance you gave it

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever have any type of goal I'll be sure to run it past you to make sure it's worthwhile.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:13 AM

Fk the haters, well done OP.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:15 AM

I don't see why you all have to hate on the guy, he started with $44 and built it up to 1k, moving up and taking shots with 20bi as he went. When some moron posts how he turned 44 into 1k in 2 days and then loses it all everyone laughs at him and says learn br management. Then when someone applies this and builds it slowly you flame them for that too. If he's happy with his success why do you all have to act like he's a moron for doing this and [censored] on something he worked hard for and deserves.
Good stuff Cary keep working on your game and moving up as your roll grows, don't listen to the haters, do what makes you happy.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 AM

So Cary, just a clarification.

You follow the 20 BI rule; I've done that (except for the very beginning where I started with $20); took me less hands though but maybe I just ran good. But do you do that on multiple sites? E.g., build your rolls in parallel on multiple sites (because you refer to "that account")?

I actually think this is a decent brag to illustrate persistence though you may have been better had you chosen to dedicate some more of your time to studying the game and earning money otherwise and thus moved up earlier.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, look at all the High stakes sharks. How about everyone that critisized the OP posts his graph for the last year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Up to 7-31-07, add sumtin to dis

Listen, I know what its like to be stuck in micro games. I started with 50 bucks grinding 2.5+.25 SNGs. I won at those games, improved my game and moved up to better games. If OP really was all about winning at poker, he'd move up at least a little to play in better games instead of beating up on the retards in microstakes. Playing 100k hands shows either a lack of ambition or fear of playing higher, neither of those traits are admirable imo.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:16 AM

you guys are a bunch of pricks. why hate on this guy? he worked hard and did well.

is he as good as yall? has he made as much? no, of course not, and hes not saying he is.

the combination of arrogance and insecurity required to hate on this guy and humiliate him with your "super balla" graphs is gross. congrats, you proved your superiority.

and ike, looks like you werent exactly playin decent stakes for your first 50k hands. you really gonna hate on a guy that stayed low for a mere 50k more hands than yourself?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:20 AM

Victor, read the context... repost
Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 100k hands shows either a lack of ambition or fear of playing higher, neither of those traits are admirable imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

His 100k hands shows neither of those, I think it has more to do with the fact that he obviously isn't as good as you were. He stated that he's moved up and lost 8 buyins and had to rebuild, hence having to play more hands. If he moves up to 50nl and is a marginal winner, he could be stuck there for 100k more hands till he learns to beat it and move up further. He said he was moving up with 1k to play the 50nl which isn't nitty at all nor does it lack ambition.

Edit: I posted this at the same time that you posted your reply Ike. I know what you're saying and for most this isn't a brag to post 100k hands with average winnings but the guy feels good about what he's done and that's cool with me. It's obvious you aren't hating on him, just trying to help him out by having him play higher where he is still +ev and challenge himself more.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 AM

also, I'm not hating on a guy for playing 100k of micro cash. I'm saying its not a brag to play 100k hands in a game you can easily beat for penny change when the OP clearly has the potential to be successful at higher level games. Money is besides the point, its the challenge of playing. OP is just a big fish in a little pond.