Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: There are now breaks in the WPX tournies

Cashier, buyin windows too slow to load, and frequently get the error of "socket error".

Thanks Fred.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that one can still say piss and the four letter words describing feces and vaginer, tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 PM

Another improvement suggestion: one can only sign up for the 5K tourney an hour beforehand. While this might be a reasonable arrangement for the other tournies, the 5Ks are the premier event of the week. Allowing a sign-up say four hours ahead would be a great deal more user friendly. It means a player isn't tied to his WPX client so near the tourney.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 PM

Here's a new bug I saw last night in the $1k gtd tourney. It went something like this:

Player A bets 5000
Player B raises to 5100 and is all in
Player C calls 5100
Player A raises to 15000

Obviously the raise from 5000 to 5100 was not a full raise, so Player A should not have been able to reraise when it came back around to him.

Also, when I'm in a hand with only one other person who bets all-in, don't show me a "Raise" button, OK? It's minor, but it's little things like this (along with the big stuff, like the previous issue) that make WPX software seem sloppy.

I have reported other issues (which I call "auto fold" and "auto check") in past monthly threads and I don't know if these are fixed or not (haven't seen them yet since the update).
Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 AM

Hi Fred,

I'm a big fan of the site, and am a regular there almost exclusively. A few of the issues I still have were already addressed in this thread, but to reiterate:

-"Slow reload" should definitely be fixed. No more "added amount available next hand", no more "your buy-in does not match the table maximum". The money should show up when your hand is dead, not when the hand is over.

-Socket errors are still popping up occasionally for me.

-I appreciate the automatic "Aces Never Lose" money.

-We need an easier way for people to get money on the site.

Here are a couple issues that haven't been addressed:

-I would really like to see player money transfers enabled. This could be considered a work-around to the ePassporte issue.

-The $5k guaranteed $25 tournament that used to be on Sundays was discontinued, but is still advertised on the website. Don't get me wrong; I prefer the VIP events now that I can get enough rakeback, but they shouldn't be advertised if they don't exist anymore.

That's all I've got. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another improvement suggestion: one can only sign up for the 5K tourney an hour beforehand. While this might be a reasonable arrangement for the other tournies, the 5Ks are the premier event of the week. Allowing a sign-up say four hours ahead would be a great deal more user friendly. It means a player isn't tied to his WPX client so near the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. You can show up five minutes before the tourney starts and register then. The last thing we need is twice as many entries with half of them sitting out.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-I would really like to see player money transfers enabled. This could be considered a work-around to the ePassporte issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not allowed by Antiquan law.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can show up five minutes before the tourney starts and register then. The last thing we need is twice as many entries with half of them sitting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

With traffic levels as they now are and with the steady numbers in the 5K it would stand to reason that a very large pool of the players eligible for the 5K are now playing in it.

There's no reason to think that a longer, more convenient sign up period will result in a bunch of no-shows. If it did, WPX could always revise the sign up period.

This isn't a free roll at Stars. It seems that a significant portion of the player base stays in cash games for the express purpose of qualifying for the 5K. Making participation a little bit easier in terms of ease of sign-up would be a nice customer service touch.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It seems that one can still say piss and the four letter words describing feces and vaginer, tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

No mas. Fred does reply to these threads quickly sometimes!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Another small issue (so small it's not an issue really...just more of an observation.)

The 21:15 tourney lobby correctly says $50+5 in the upper left hand corner. In the upper-right, though, it still says $300+30....the buy-in for the 21:15 back before all the tourneys changed a couple months ago.