Default Re: Rank the NFL Divisions

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and the AFC South is better than the NFC East by far imo:

Indy > Dallas
Tennesee > Washington
Jacksonville > NYG
Houston > Philly

[/ QUOTE ]

By far? No way you can say that out of any of those matchups one is bye far better than the other. Houston just lost to the falcons and you are putting them ahead of people? Cmon now. And Jax hasn't shown anything that would make them better or worse than either washington or new york, which makes it completely subjective and far from "by far"

I do think the NFC South is a very good division, but I think its a lot closer than you are implying.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miami's gonna win 8 games huh? Well they play the Pats twice, so there's two they'll lose most of the time. So you think they'll finish 8-2 in the remaining games huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past 3 years, the Pats/Dolphins have split each season series. This is despite the Pats being 33-9 and the Dolphins being 16-26 against everyone else during that stretch.

Last year the Dolphins lost 4 of their last 5 games, while the Patriots won 6 of their last 7. The one flaw in both of those stats: The Dolphins beating the Pats 21-0 in week 14.

[/ QUOTE ]
Better stat: The Dolphins suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have watched every pats game since 2000 and the Dolphins always play the pats hard, it doesnt matter who is on the team. The dolphins play the pats even harder when the games are in miami
Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 AM

Referring to Miami winning 8 games, ldo, but I mean, obviously, sample sizage.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miami's gonna win 8 games huh? Well they play the Pats twice, so there's two they'll lose most of the time. So you think they'll finish 8-2 in the remaining games huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past 3 years, the Pats/Dolphins have split each season series. This is despite the Pats being 33-9 and the Dolphins being 16-26 against everyone else during that stretch.

Last year the Dolphins lost 4 of their last 5 games, while the Patriots won 6 of their last 7. The one flaw in both of those stats: The Dolphins beating the Pats 21-0 in week 14.

[/ QUOTE ]
Better stat: The Dolphins suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you missed the point of my post, which was that the Dolphins beat the Pats even when they suck
Old 10-04-2007, 02:10 AM

Sample size. If you believe what you're saying, bet the dolphins huge.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and the AFC South is better than the NFC East by far imo:

Indy > Dallas
Tennesee > Washington
Jacksonville > NYG
Houston > Philly

[/ QUOTE ]

By far? No way you can say that out of any of those matchups one is bye far better than the other. Houston just lost to the falcons and you are putting them ahead of people? Cmon now. And Jax hasn't shown anything that would make them better or worse than either washington or new york, which makes it completely subjective and far from "by far"

I do think the NFC South is a very good division, but I think its a lot closer than you are implying.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one game would be 'not close' but when you put it all together, I think it comes out to 4-0.

Houston is 2-2 including a close loss to Indy. They are playing right now without their best player. Philly looks horrible. I can't see how anyone could say Philly is better.

I'm a Washington homer, but Tennessee is better. Tennessee has won 8 of their last 10 games with the only losses being to Indy and NE.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What I'm trying to argue more than Miami will finish 8-4, is that they're a better team than their 0-4 record shows. I can't explain why they lost so badly to the Raiders. Two of their other losses (Redskins/ Jets) were close/ Dallas is understandable. I think Miami is better than the following teams they will play vs:
Texans, Browns, Giants, Bills x2, Jets, Bengals
Maybe they end up going 6-10, I don't know, just something I felt could happen and typed in. It's just to say that I'm very surprised by some of the good teams with losing records so far, i.e. Chicago, San Diego, Carolina, New Orleans. None of these teams, imo, are in the bottom 10 of NFL teams, regardless of current record.

I think any team in the NFL is capable of beating the Patriots, even though the Pats look like one of the best teams ever right now. That's just variance/ the nature of this league.

Philly's week 3 win (56-21) vs. Detroit has to show that they have the talent to turn things around this season.

I think Houston flops from here on out.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM

If Houston beats Miami this wkd., I'll not post in this thread again.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Houston may flop from here on out, but like, it's not like the Dolphins are good. The Jets suck. The Redskins are average. Getting blown out by the Raiders is not a good thing.

The Dolphins are not better than the Texans, Giants, and Bengals, and probably browns (QB dependent).
Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM

I liked Miami more than most before the season, but I don't see how you can defend their performance thus far. The Jets game was not really that close when you get away from the box score. Two additional solid beatings (especially at home in September when they're usually at their best) is a horrible sign even if one of them was vs. Dallas. I thought their biggest asset would be their run defense and then Thomas freaking Jones go for 110yds on them? The Jets couldn't even run the ball on the Bills practice squad defense.