Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 AM

Default NL Cash $600 - Fill me up please

Table got heads up and villain got his stack by rivering a flush vs 2 donks. villain is very aggr and always raising the button to $18.

I didn't bet the turn as I didn't want to be raised out of the pot. It took him a while to call the flop, for what that's worth. I was going to C/R all in any non club turn, but that didn't quite seem to work.

Villain $1500
Hero $600

Villain raises to $18 on the button. Hero repops it to $48 and villain calls. Hero has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: $90ish
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero leads $75, villain calls.

Turn: $240ish
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, Check

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, villain bets pot.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: NL Cash $600 - Fill me up please

I can't get this hand out of my head....Is this hand a leak of mine? I tend to fold to PSBs if the board is 4 or 5 suited and I dont have that suit...
Old 10-04-2007, 01:48 AM

Personally I feel that the 4th spade is an auto-bluff for almost every HU player IP and given that villain is less likely to have a club (which is already a low probability) since so many spades came out.

I don't mind calling here.

On an aside, I really think you should be 3-betting larger.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 AM

Also, it's important to note that almost all hands that a sane villain would call a 3bet and a flop c-bet with would bet the turn if their kicker were a club. QT, JT, KJ etc etc... so it's even less likely villain has a club.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:17 AM

he might have QQ club
Old 10-04-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I feel that the 4th spade is an auto-bluff for almost every HU player IP and given that villain is less likely to have a club (which is already a low probability) since so many spades came out.

I don't mind calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think villain has no club 2/3 of the time? if hero were calling for the win and not for the chop I'd feel better about this.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:33 AM

If the final club doesn't hit on the river, then i check/call river trying to pick a bluff off.

Looking back, i'm not sure if pushing the turn is a good move. problem is that it looks like i don't have a club (which i dont). If i get looked up by a big club, then i still have teh outs to fill up
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it's important to note that almost all hands that a sane villain would call a 3bet and a flop c-bet with would bet the turn if their kicker were a club. QT, JT, KJ etc etc... so it's even less likely villain has a club.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe its just my site, but the last 4 weeks everyone has been checking the turn with the near nuts with a variety of draws on teh board.

ie villain has 88 and the board is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I don't know where this phenoniom has come from, but a lot of my bankroll has been lost to thinking "there's no way he's that strong if he checked the turn with x and y draws out there."
Old 10-04-2007, 05:18 PM

Button limped, called a 3xbb raise and called a c-bet. He either made two pair on the turn and full house on the river or nada. with an alone ace he wouldn't raise the turn. Semibluff is possible. It seems that the turn bet u made, indicated weakness so the villain exploited it. Its a hard call on the river though but i would have been very curious to call on the river or fold on the turn. Play Poker academy (POKIPOKER) with heads up against LAG bots. The AI is extremely well developed (10 years in university) and u notice how the bots many times test u on the turn. Some players think that the bots play bad but especially Strongbad is very effective player HU. If u understand the dynamics of HU, u notice how clever they are, how they "read" u and how well they variate their game. its easy to play for free against them but try to imagine playing for real money. The program really helped my game besides the books, i've red. The program teaches also to play effective small ball.