Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: NL100 6max - AA with deep stacks

I have no problem with comments showing me why i played the hand bad or not but just saying "wow, terrible line..." doesn't help much to the discussion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Yeah, there are a lot of know it all noobs in this thread.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with comments showing me why i played the hand bad or not but just saying "wow, terrible line..." doesn't help much to the discussion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I though it was obvious from the rest of the comments, but I guess not. Sorry about that.

The reason that line is terrible is because you are telling the villain that you want to go all in and play for stacks and you don't care what he has. Well, either than or that you have nothing and you want him to fold.

What happens more often than not here is that you get the hands which you beat (AQ, KK, JJ, etc.) to fold and only a set to call. Put yourself in his shoes and think what you would do ...

A much better line would have been to bet about half the pot, which he will most likely call with AQ, KK, maybe even JJ, and get the rest of the money in on the river ... any river.

And yes, I am a noob.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I though it was obvious from the rest of the comments, but I guess not. Sorry about that.

The reason that line is terrible is because you are telling the villain that you want to go all in and play for stacks and you don't care what he has. Well, either than or that you have nothing and you want him to fold.

What happens more often than not here is that you get the hands which you beat (AQ, KK, JJ, etc.) to fold and only a set to call. Put yourself in his shoes and think what you would do ...

A much better line would have been to bet about half the pot, which he will most likely call with AQ, KK, maybe even JJ, and get the rest of the money in on the river ... any river.

And yes, I am a noob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain has like a half pot left in his stack. There is no need to play it tricky on this turn. I agree that betting just slightly more than villain has looks prettier than just shoving in a massive amount if you want a call. But that hasn't got anything to do with the line but with the psychology...

Edit: he has actually more left than half pot. But not too much. The general direction stays the same, imo.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Villain has ~$180 left, on the turn. Betting around ~$100 here does commit him, but these kind of players often do not realise that.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 PM

i like turn shove
Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has ~$180 left, on the turn. Betting around ~$100 here does commit him, but these kind of players often do not realise that.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT