Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Rank the NFL Divisions

On the QB decision: I don't mind Huard because unlike you and FO, I don't think the season is lost already. If Huard can play anything like he did last year he'll be fine. If not, then the season's lost and we let Croyle get his licks. What Huard did last year was something special. He showed leadership, intensity, pinpoint accuracy and the ability to lead a late game-winning drive on multiple occasions. He and Gonzalez got into a sick groove, one that Green never had with TG, where Huard was hitting him with everything, even when he was covered like a blanket. He deserves a shot.

Old guys: Gonzalez might decline some, but we still win when he has an off game. No one's expecting our offense to be great, so they don't have that far to fall. Edwards still has a couple good years left I'm almost certain. I agree Law and Surtain could be a liability. There's a case where we need a little luck that those guys still have another good year left in the tank.

If LJ sucks we suck, period. Gonna have to just assume on faith he has another big year. Maybe he won't, but I don't think anyone's predicting he's going to suck. If LJ gets injured Bennett isn't too bad, but obviously we need LJ healthy most of the year to have a shot at the playoffs.

I'm sure the prospectus gets the Xs and Os right more than Sean Salisbury. But I know our players and I know what I saw last year when Huard got rolling. If we can recreate that magic, we could have a good year. I'm a lot more optimistic this year than I was last year. We have a young improving defense bordering on being really good. This is always when the Chiefs make their ascension.

I'll bet you the Chiefs get at least 8 wins, since you're so sure they're going to tank. Prospectus has them dead last, helluva bet for you.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The OP said to rank for fantasy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case then....

NFC WEST is the obvious choice. All 4 RB's are top 20 ADP's including 3 out of the top 8. They also have 2 of the the top 7 WR's which most likely have ADP's no less then 30 as well as a top 4 QB.

AFC NORTH seems like a nice 2nd choice. With 3 sick RB's 2 nice WR's 1 top rated QB as well as top tier TE's and DEF and solid mid round value (H.Ward,B.Edwards,M.Clayton,S.Moss,J.Lewis,).

AFC SOUTH- The 4some in Indy almost make this the 2nd best division. MJD is sweet but beyond that it is sparse with solid mid round value (A.Johnson,A.Green,V.Young,F.Taylor).

NFC EAST- Dallas give this division a boost with TO and a core of mid round value including some possible studs (T.Romo,M.Barber,J.Jones). TE strong, WR depth and potential throughout with RB. High ceiling with all backs and ADP.

AFC WEST- Having 2 of the top 4 backs in your division is strong. Add the top 2 TE's, and some strong DEF and this division can hold its own. WR's are thin or this division would be stronger.

NFC NORTH- Definetly the division with the most fantasy question marks (A.Peterson,B.Jackson,C.Johnson,R.Grossman[who affects others on the team],GB.Second WR. Has a high ceiling as well as a low cellar.

AFC EAST- Thin at elite spots but some mid round value.

NFC SOUTH- minimal all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we rank divisions in order of fantasy power? I think it may be interesting. And it seemed to be the reason OP posted thread.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll bet you the Chiefs get at least 8 wins, since you're so sure they're going to tank. Prospectus has them dead last, helluva bet for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so everyone knows, we now have a bet.

Suzzer is taking 8 wins and over. I am taking 7 wins and under.

The bet is for $100. Each additional win past 8 adds $100, likewise each additional loss past nine adds $100. So 7-9 is $100 for me, 6-10 is $200 for me, etc. 8-8 is $100 for him, 9-7 is $200 for him, etc.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NFC West is BY FAR the worst division in the NFL. BY FAR.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] stormstarter28 doesn't know football

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'm busted. Thanks for opening my eyes. After a quick google search, I discovered you were right, and that it was a national consensus that the NFC west is "by far" the worst division. I've since jumped on the bandwagon. Thanks again.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so everyone knows, we now have a bet.

Suzzer is taking 8 wins and over. I am taking 7 wins and under.

The bet is for $100. Each additional win past 8 adds $100, likewise each additional loss past nine adds $100. So 7-9 is $100 for me, 6-10 is $200 for me, etc. 8-8 is $100 for him, 9-7 is $200 for him, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed. Looking forward to my $900.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM

After 4 games here are the Division rankings, according to me, but based on Dr. Z's SI power rankings of individual teams:

1. AFC South
2. AFC North
3. NFC East
4. NFC North
5. AFC West
6. NFC West
7. AFC East
8. NFC South

Houston, I believe will end up below .500. The rest of AFC S looks solid, though, so maybe this is the best division in football.
AFC N teams are inconsistent, some underachieving, some overachieving.
Dallas/ SB contender. Washington, Philly, NYG all look above avg.
NFC N is topsy turvy.
Oakland is maybe not the worst team in the NFL anymore. All of these AFC W teams just seem avg.
Arizona/ Seattle= good for now St. Louis/ S.F.= bad for now
Only New England looks good so far in the AFC E
Only Tampa Bay in the NFC S, have to think Carolina steps up

I think I think NFC E is the best division in football regardless of the above. I think I don't believe in Houston. I think Pittsburgh is one of the top teams, regardless of the loss to Arizona (and I'm a Browns fan). Cinci will bungle the season away. NFC N will even out. S.F. will win 4 games. N.O. 6. Miami 8. S.D. 10. Dallas 12. Indy 14. N.E. 15 or possibly 16.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 PM

Miami's gonna win 8 games huh? Well they play the Pats twice, so there's two they'll lose most of the time. So you think they'll finish 8-2 in the remaining games huh?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Miami's gonna win 8 games huh? Well they play the Pats twice, so there's two they'll lose most of the time. So you think they'll finish 8-2 in the remaining games huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past 3 years, the Pats/Dolphins have split each season series. This is despite the Pats being 33-9 and the Dolphins being 16-26 against everyone else during that stretch.

Last year the Dolphins lost 4 of their last 5 games, while the Patriots won 6 of their last 7. The one flaw in both of those stats: The Dolphins beating the Pats 21-0 in week 14.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM

Oh and the AFC South is better than the NFC East by far imo:

Indy > Dallas
Tennesee > Washington
Jacksonville > NYG
Houston > Philly
Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past 3 years, the Pats/Dolphins have split each season series. This is despite the Pats being 33-9 and the Dolphins being 16-26 against everyone else during that stretch.

Last year the Dolphins lost 4 of their last 5 games, while the Patriots won 6 of their last 7. The one flaw in both of those stats: The Dolphins beating the Pats 21-0 in week 14.

[/ QUOTE ]
Better stat: The Dolphins suck.