Those are people who died, died
They were all my friends, and they died

[/ QUOTE ] and so on

jim carrol, alright!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Some of my former friends

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You state the one guy was a painter and would have a six pack before work. Was he self employed, did he have a cool bos, or was he just really good at hiding it? Did he drink at work? Did the other guys have jobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drinking on the job is standard for painters. I'm serious.

[/ QUOTE ]
My friend's dad is a painter and alcoholic, and he drinks before work all the time.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RustedCorpse - I can assure you there is no fiction here. And Mark is my idol.

[/ QUOTE ]
No no, didn't mean to imply fiction for you. I say in case something were to ever come up in the future with liability.

The story about your wife meeting is probably the best I've ever heard.

You should probably drive more with friends :P
Old 10-03-2007, 09:07 PM

Your stories rule man. Only a true drunk destroys the fence and does donuts in front of his own Parishoners.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:40 PM

I just got powned for 6 buy-ins playing $50NL HU. Last hand I lost $100 w AA vs 23. GRR.

Here is a picture of Gwynn and I circa 1991.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Good stuff.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:21 PM

Welcome to my life its hard to escape friends like this because you known them all your life, but I feel like all my freinds will end up like yours and its really sad.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 PM

Here are the 2 stories I lost yesterday. They both involve Kevin....who I actually talked to tonight on the phone.

1) I am 90% sure this happened when I was still in HS, but it may have happened when I was 19-20 after I returned from FL.

I had went to a jock party in my neighborhood. I remember taking one of those double sided cassette tape carriers that held like 100 tapes. I tried to get the party hosts to play my heavy metal music but they laughed me off.

The jocks had plenty of alcohol and fed me well. Looking back, I am sure they were leveling me into drinking massive amounts of liquor. Regardless, I drank about a half bottle of tequilla by myself plus beer.

The last thing I remember is leaving the party with my tape carrier and a 40oz of Millers. I dropped the unopened Millers onto the cement sidewalk, mourned over it for about 5 seconds and moved on. 10 feet later, I dropped my carrier and my 100 cassettes spread all over the sidewalk.

That is the last think that I remember.

The next thing I remember is waking up the next day to a massive hangover with the phone ringing. I anwser it and it is Kevin. He is like "So how is your hangover going?". Hangover, how would you know? I ask him.

There is an alley about 2 blocks from my house, BUT NOT IN THE PATH FROM THE JOCK PARTY TO MY HOUSE. It appears Kevin was driving around Struthers the night before, pulls into this alley and there is somebody laying in the middle of it.

Kevin gets out of the car and walks up to the person...."And it was YOU!". "I picked you up and put you into my car. I drove you home. You turned at me, mumbled something I didnt understand and walked into your house".

It is the only time I can ever recall blacking out. (oximoron?)

2) This is related sort of to Kevins earlier festival incident.

There was a drug dealer, Carl, that lived one street up from Kevin. He sold coke, pot and some pills. Kevin was sleeping with Carls girlfriend, Laura. Laura was not good looking at all, but she gave Kevin free coke whenever he came over. She was also like 10 years older than Kevin and I.

This went on for 6-8 month prior to Kevins festival incident. We always made fun of Kevin because of Laura's looks, but he insisted that she treated him good and he could not give up the free drugs.

It appears when Kevin went to jail, he sent love letters to Laura AT HOME!! OK.

About 2 weeks after Kevin served his 6 month term, we decided to do some acid. I had done acid several times, but Kevin had never done it. He was being frisky though and wanted 2 hits. If you have ever done trip, you know where this is going.

So we all take our drugs. The acid starts to hit and he does not know what is happening to him. He starts to freak out. 2 hits is not "too much" for a beginner, but it is like having someone who never played poker before deposit $200 and buy into $400NL. There is a chance it will work out well, but more than not, the beginner is taught a lesson.

So Kevin is not feeling too well. He is wondering what is going on inside of his head. James, Pam (James gf), Kevin and I are all sitting on James' front porch. Kevin is just sitting in a sort of fetal position and I am trying to comfort him.

Out of the blue, here comes Carl turning the corner with a baseball bat in hand. Carl walks up to us and explains he found one of Kevins letters to Laura and she spilled the beans on their affiar. Kevin it totally oblivious to anything.

Carls smashes the window out of James mom (not home) car in the driveway. He pushes the head of the bat into Kevin's chest demanding revenge. I stand up and explain to Carl that Kevin is tripping hard and does not understand what is going on. I debate with him for about 10 minutes and AMAZINGLY, he agrees Kevin is fuc.ked up and this is "to be continued".
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 PM

crazy stories, evagaba.

you mentioned you live in the same house as you did with warren. so, they all know how to find you. isn't that constant chore for you then--to avoid them?

btw, what do you do for a living now?

keep 'em coming.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:10 PM

Anderson1 - most of them are dead now as you can see. The one constant fear that Gwynn and I have is Bill getting out of jail. Bill and I were best friends for about a year, but had a falling out about a month before he went to jail. The day he went to jail was THE SINGLE CRAZIEST DAY of my life.

Warren was living here and Sherry (Bill's wife) called us all frantic screaming that "the mother f**cker just raped some b****! ". Warren and I drove down to Bills house and it is 100% raining cats and dogs. JUST POURING. We got there just in time to see Bill get arrested.

There were 3 crusiers parked in front of his house. Two cops were on the porch with Bill in handcuffs. He was pleading. "Sherry, I was here, tell them, I was here. I didn't do it." Over and Over. Warren and I knew he had 100% did it cause we knew Bill and we were just like WOAH.

As for now...I have long since given up that lifestyle and I am now head of programming at a Fortune 500 Co. Remember, this was 20 yrs ago.