Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Fun Hand for Interesting & Varied Analyses

I don't think it is really that badly played by anyone.

UTG has to call 7000 into a pot of over 30k (assuming SB and BB that aren't in the stacks + antes) with the chance to knock out 2 players and it won't really kill his chip stack. But he also sees that UTG+1 has a hand that he likes, probably not huge or he would have reraised PF, so UTG trys to isolate against the 2 allins because if he just calls getting 4.25-1 he is giving UTG+1 5.25-1 odds to call as well.

So against MP1 and MP2, UTG only has to win about 20% of the time to breakeven. Against reasonable ranges for MP1 and MP2, UTG should have 25-30% equity.

UTG+1's call is a little suspect. He is getting 5.25-1 on the main pot, 1-1 on the side pot and a little over 3-1 for the whole thing. It would be tough to believe that no matter how loose UTG is that KQo has 50% equity against UTGs range (he could easily be doing this with an A), and I don't think that he has 20% equity against everyone elses ranges. I think it is probably close and might be a breakeven play, but I can't imagine that his call could be +EV.