Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Default NL25 flopped top full house - slowplay?

Villian is 19/7/1.3

I almost never slowplay, but I thought this would be a good spot. He bet the flush draw on the flop, checked behind on the turn, and raised me on the river when the flush hit, and I reraised all in.

Please let me know how my play is on all streets.

PS: This is the second hand I'm posting. I got some great comments on the first one, so thanks to everyone in advance.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($9.20)
MP ($23.70)
Button ($13.50)
SB ($28.25)
Hero ($26.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, MP calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50, UTG folds.

Turn: ($5.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($5.35) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24.25</font>, MP calls $14.95 (All-In).

Final Pot: $48.25
Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: NL25 flopped top full house - slowplay?

I really never slow play either, but I think this is a must slow play situation, you have to wait for Villain to get something, you are sure not worrying about anyone drawing out on you. Good evaluation of the flop bet BTW, allows you to confidently 3bet/push the river knowing you'll likely get called.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 AM

I have a general rule of thumb for slowplaying in the micros.
A) you're hand is very strong and is unlikely to be drawn out on, and other people in the pot are unlikely to have much
B) One street of slowplay is usually more than enough, don't get uber passive with your monsters expecting people to bet them for you, like C/c, C/c. You basically just want people to pick up a piece of the board or draw to get more value (ldo). That said, at least lead this turn and bet more on this river.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM

I think it looks totally fine. You gave him time to hit his flush, then you take all his money. If the turn was different I might bet, but I dont think you need to. Looks good.