Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 06:13 AM

Default short handed advice needed

I play 6 handed nl tournaments. I started playing online about 5 months ago and have about 1100 games under my belt. I lost alot initially(first 300 games) broke even for the next 700. But have been losing everything I play recently. The 700 or so games i was breakin even I was playing 13 dollar and some 25 dollar games. Once I play a few I get the feel for them and generally do descent. I feel my reading ability and my ability to lay down hands when i know im beat can improve but generally do ok in them bc I play the bubble properly. If i double up early, I chip away and maintain my stack till the bubble period and usually survive. I do play aggressively from the beginning raising in position with good starting cards, cbet the flop etc.

My question is why am I losing every game I play below this 13/25 dollar short handed level. ie 6.60, 3.40. I can never seem to cash in these. I have blown 2 100 dollar deposits trying to build my stack from these. I did well in the past a few months back but since ive moved up a level I cant seem to play these anymore. They call your raises till the river. You can never seem to bluff these people. If I dont bet out trying to build my stack, I get short stacked and im in a pushing situation in the later stages which isnt much better.

I would really like some advice on this. What do you need to be a winning player shorthanded I guess is my question in low as well as midlevel limits.

I hope this post isnt to big

B
Old 09-30-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: short handed advice needed

it might just be bad luck.

or you might just suck.

the only way to get better is to put an effort to learn.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They call your raises till the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Valuebets FTW!

[ QUOTE ]
You can never seem to bluff these people.

[/ QUOTE ]
So don't.

[ QUOTE ]
I do play aggressively from the beginning raising in position with good starting cards

[/ QUOTE ]
Basic SNG strategy for the early levels - to the studio!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM

Thanks Ive been really making an effort to do that recently. Recording all big hands of tournaments I lose. And taking a small note on each of them.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 PM

FTW ? I think Im not raising enough. And if I do and they call Im not getting away from the hands as I should. My biggest leak.