Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 PM

Default 200NL - 2 hands w/ big draws, theres gotta be a better line

I was playing 20/16/4.5 on this table.

Villain is 15/9/1.1

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $198.00
BB: $278.05
UTG: $347.80
MP: $225.15
CO: $79.55
BTN: $197.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, Hero calls $1.00, BB checks

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $16.00

Turn: ($52) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $40.00</font>

Pot Size: $92.00

I really hate what I did here. In retrospect I would much rather lead into the field on the flop and hopefully 3bet AI.

I checked on the turn since I thought a J was a huge part of his range, now I had no fold equity and I didnt know what to do. I dont like any of my options at this point. If I call I dont know that he'll pay off on a Heart river. With shoving I have no FE to a J and 1 out against a boat and I fold out all the other flush draws. My hand seems too big to lay down. I dont like any of my options here.

----

This is the very next hand. I shoved the turn in the previous since I couldnt figure out what else to do. I got snapcalled by a J and lost the hand. So the table might see me as a little tilted.

Villain is 24/20/3.7 I'd seen villain play very aggro before, but had been more solid this session.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $276.05
BB: $347.80
UTG: $225.15
MP: $77.55
CO: $396.00
Hero (BTN): $200.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, SB calls $7.00, BB folds

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $36.00</font>, Hero calls $24.00

Turn: ($90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $65.00</font>

Pot Size: $155.00

I considered checking behind on the flop, but I think I have the best hand here a lot of the time so I'll charge the draws.

When he check raises I put his range at something like: sets, combo draws, Ax [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], maybe some small overpair. I dont normally make a call like this bc Im nitty, but here I had overs, maybe the best hand, a gutter and backdoor hearts against an aggro villain so I called. Is calling here ok or was I tilting?

Easy shove when he leads the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn?

Any thoughts appreciated, but Im especially curious about the flop play in both hands.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: 200NL - 2 hands w/ big draws, theres gotta be a better line

hand 1 is easy fold - don't need to win every hand

Hand 2 is either a fold, or call, and a river call if any A/K/heart hits the board, and shove if any A/K/heart/spade hits the board.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:36 PM

1 [censored] turn card probably dump.

2 not really sure. if you think he's fos shoving can't be that awful, right? but i would fold the flop alot.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:54 PM

hand 1 is an annoying but clear fold. there are many hands that have you dead or plenty of hands that when you make your hand you are still dead (J10, Jx, PP without a heart) not to mention we have a weaker FD.

hand 2 im torn between a shove or a call. i think either is fine considering you dont fold the turn
Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM

I don't like the check raise very much in hand one. I think villain is flat calling a lot on this board which puts you in a [censored] spot on the turn. As played the turn sucks and I c/f.

Hand two I guess shove. He basically can't call without a four although I would think a decent part of villains range contains a four given the flop check raise and turn lead. I would think you have enough fe against villains range to make shoving ok.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 PM

neither of your draws are that good really