Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Official MTT COACHING thread.

I don't have any experience coaching, and thus don't feel right charging money for coaching.

I have a good theoretical understanding of MTT's I believe, and have been successful in all forms of tournament poker. (mtt, stt, small field, big field, limit etc.)

If you already have a good ROI and play 109's I don't know what I could do for you. But if there are any small or micro players looking to learn or improve in donkaments, I'd be more than happy to help over AIM however I can.

I think it's extremely likely that in helping someone go over their MTT game, I'll be able to sharpen and improve my own game.

At any rate, my AIM is "stak1" and if any players would like to IM me to discuss hands, theories, donkaments in general, feel free.

Maybe if it proves enjoyable for me and helpful for the people I am talking to, then someday I'll feel comfortable coaching for money.

Stak.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:07 PM

i'll coach for less than anyone else has listed in this thread for. I am willing to teach lower limit players basics to being a winning tournament player including but not limited to; starting hand ranges, how to play position and be aggressive, reading table dynamics and how to adjust to various types of players/tables, playing postflop in various situations, taking advantage of the bubble and late stages of tourneys. I can do this through ghosting/sweating/HH reading or any other reasonable teaching method. I have taught a few low limit players before with success including my first student winning a tournament for about $5000 shortly after starting lessons with me. Prices will vary with what is desired and will probably range from $50-$100/hour.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
will coach people on how to win races late and make aggressive bets

[/ QUOTE ]

psh why pick you for that with me available?

[/ QUOTE ]

i 5 bet all in with 35o in the 2nd chance wcoop me just so that i cud say i've 5 bet bluffed!! (clayton can second this)

[/ QUOTE ]
I've 5bet bluffed before with 94s not even a wheel draw hand like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you were suited!!!! anyways now my quest is to find an opportunity to 6 bet bluff..

[/ QUOTE ]

i successfully 6-bet bluffed grafyx pf.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM

0. Who I am:

1. What you offer in terms of services
Going over hand histories, usually loaded through PXF.
Live coaching by watching you play multiple games at a time.
Help deep in tournaments, for either a piece of your stack or some outright service fee that we'll agree upon.

2. How much it costs
$150/hr but we can negotiate if we start a staking deal (under WaffleCrush) where you get both coaching AND a stake/partial stake.

3. Why you’re qualified to coach
I was ranked #1 under OfficialPokerRankings for Partypoker for a period of 2 months last year. I have hundreds in thousands in MTT wins both live and online (PM me for all my nicknames on all sites, Party/Stars/FTP/UB as well as my live record if you wish), most of which have come either in multiple deep cashes in big events or outright wins in smaller events. I also pick really good horses! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4. Anything additional we should know about you, other details, or anything the previous questions didn’t cover
Besides the 2 students I have right now, I'm up for adding about 8 more hrs/week for coaching, and I'd prefer it to be on weekday afternoons or saturdays. I'm looking to add two more people to my roster, and I expect they'll be midstakes MTT grinders who could use 4-5 hrs of coaching a week to eliminate leaks.

Any more questions, feel free to PM me. I expect people to do their homework before hiring a coach, so you can PM me for my screennames/live record/references as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LFT, my team is down 2 with 8 seconds left inbounding from the half court line. What play are you drawing up?

[/ QUOTE ]

doublescreen for the guy who can shoot, second screener rolls to the basket.

God damn I miss basketball. Went from every day for twelve years to twice a week with old dudes.

[/ QUOTE ]

the pickett fence

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get caught watching the paint dry

[/ QUOTE ]

ae, 1on1 for rolls?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If somebody needs poker coaching in Spanish, PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...how about just spanish teaching? MTTs i know...i want to learn another language...
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM

i've seen a few people offer their AIM here, any one of you have MSN messenger aswell? I be euro trash [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Psyduck, your PM box is full...
Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh I'll pretend this thread is serious and post reasons why y'all should come to me for your service.

I'll basically offer anything including going over HH's of full tourneys as well as showing tourneys from my perspective and explain the thoguht processes behind the actions etc etc, anything is acceptable for your time.

I'm qualified because I'm awesome and do well consistently with v solid #ers etc etc.

Seriously though, I doubt a thread like this is the way to go about it, because if anyone actually wants a coach I feel they should get to know the person at least. Shoot me a PM if you're actually interested and we can talk about it for realz

[/ QUOTE ]

teach me baby

on a serious note,

i think most people that coach aren't even qualified to coach. however, getting coaching from a great player is so so valuable and worth every penny.

just make sure you do your hw on selecting a coach

*mastr is sick i would recommend coaching from him, seriously...but ansky is the greatest so i might go with him , obv
Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 PM

Hi All,

I have been considering a coach for a while, however I have one problem in that I would like someone from the UK for reasons of communication and/or time differences.

Anyone out there in 2p2 land that have an good record and want to coach someone??

PM me if you fancy it.

Cheers,

Jon
Closed Thread