Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 AM

Default How do I play? NLTRN

HELLO FELLAS.

Being, new to 2 + 2 yet not new to HU. I would like to get a feeling of your feeling of my play(If i have ever played with yourself). My name is Fitz N Ice on Pstars, I have played over 10k sit n go's so Im sure I have played some of you(mainly 50's - 100's). I have never discussed poker in forums before just with buddies, but mainly taught myself everything I know. However, I am intrested in expanding my game and getting a feel for how others think/ play to help myself and If I can others. With that being said I would like an intial evaluation of your experiences with myself before I begin to become a active memeber of the community.

Fitz n Ice

Edit: better title
Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Read

just so the others wont need to bother:

10,640 $3 $49 6% $27,857 - PokerStars
Old 10-02-2007, 12:22 PM

FYI...I have recently moved up limits due to my win in a MTT of the Nightly 100 grand. Upon moving up you can see I lost a few 500 hus and 200 Hu. Sample size is very small probably around 30 on these, so means little. I know I can play these limtis, however I know I need to refine my game some to be serious playing this limits for obvious reasons. Just want to get some quick thoughts as to what I could do to achieve my highest ROI. I have been playing 1/2 nd 2/4 nl as I feel very soft, only this week(made like 3k). However, I have invested as you can see a substantial amount of time in HU and will continue to play(just a breif hiatus). Appreciate the recommendations/critiques.

Fitz
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to get some quick thoughts as to what I could do to achieve my highest ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]
Never played with you, but I think you could achieve a higher ROI by dropping down in limits. I'm not recommending this, however, just that you shouldn't worry too much about perception and stats.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Welcome to the forum .

As Abreu pointed out , your goal is not really to achieve the highest roi possible . I could care less about that .

What you really want is to maximize your profits and so it's better to take a small dip in your ROI if you can gain more profits at the higher levels .
Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What you really want is to maximize your profits and so it's better to take a small dip in your ROI if you can gain more profits at the higher levels .

[/ QUOTE ]

How much lower do you want a 6% ROI to dip?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Let's say he has a roi of about 6% playing in the 50's . If he moves up to the 100's , then maybe his roi dips to about 4% .

He profits 3.15 per sng in the 50's
He profits 4.2 per sng playing in the 100's .

Lets say his roi drops to 3% in the 100's .

He profits 3.15 which is exactly the same if he stays in the 50's .
Old 10-02-2007, 01:23 PM

My ROI being low is due to the constant grind. If you all have played with me, I tend to tilt hard sometimes. Whether be from drinking or what not I am unable to sustain a high ROI. I balance that out by being good and just having to play more, thus sustaining profits. This is my main reasoning for coming to the forum, I feel if I can keep a level head by analzying hands and interacting, could potentially cut down on tilting thus improving my ROI.

The other issue I have, being now I have a rather excessive roll is maximizing my time and profit. I dont know if griding HU's can be as lucrative as putting in less time and playing 1/2 2/4 nl cash.

As always though, there is nothing better then owning someone HU.