Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Dumb \"baby bond\" idea from Hillary\'s baby brain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bush might have ruined our foreign policy, Clinton will completely destroy the economy and tax/social welfare system, which is 10 bazillion times worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea coz Bush done a great job on the government deficit.

Oh wait...... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually he has if you knew wtf you were talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but families with children actually do get a lot of tax breaks so maybe the idea isn't so crazy as it might appear. Eliminate the tax breaks and give the kids the $5000 bond instead. If you have a kid you already get $3000+ a year as a deduction. All kinds of other tax breaks for people with kids too. Seems like it would be easy to just offer less of a deduction for kids and then use that for the $5,000 bond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's better to take money from people and give it back to them than to let them keep their money in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't actually ask a question but feel free to pretend like I did and then answer whatever question you feel like answering.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but families with children actually do get a lot of tax breaks so maybe the idea isn't so crazy as it might appear. Eliminate the tax breaks and give the kids the $5000 bond instead. If you have a kid you already get $3000+ a year as a deduction. All kinds of other tax breaks for people with kids too. Seems like it would be easy to just offer less of a deduction for kids and then use that for the $5,000 bond.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing how some people don't recognize the distinction between stealing money from it's rightful owner, and giving away money which has been stolen. Taking this idea to it's logical conclusion, perhaps everyone should pay a 100% tax rate, regardless of income, then receive a (small, no doubt) government check.

I'm all for any type of tax break for any reason, since I oppose all taxation. And I don't view that as equivalent to "giving" anyone anything, since that money rightfully belongs to them in the first place.

As far as the dumb "baby bond" idea goes, even you are in favor of expanding the welfare state, there are less economic destructive ways of doing that. This proposal is all about warm-fuzzy sounding politics.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing how some people don't recognize the distinction between stealing money from it's rightful owner, and giving away money which has been stolen. Taking this idea to it's logical conclusion, perhaps everyone should pay a 100% tax rate, regardless of income, then receive a (small, no doubt) government check.

I'm all for any type of tax break for any reason, since I oppose all taxation. And I don't view that as equivalent to "giving" anyone anything, since that money is rightfully belongs to them in the first place.

As far as the dumb "baby bond" idea goes, even you are in favor of expanding the welfare state, there are less economic destructive ways of doing that. This proposal is all about warm-fuzzy sounding politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

This brainchild of Hillary's would also encourage even more illegal immigration. A very late-term pregnant mother rushes to get herself across the border by any means possible so that her baby will be born on American soil and thus be deemed an American citizen - and presto, the baby gets a $5000 bonus as well. A totally awesome deal and an immense motivation to rush across the border to a hospital emergency room in the last few hours.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's better to take money from people and give it back to them than to let them keep their money in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't actually ask a question but feel free to pretend like I did and then answer whatever question you feel like answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?