Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/1) (Spoilers?)

[ QUOTE ]
eliīs so bad.

heīs capable of calling off 20k with K7s before the flop and still canīt call w two pair getting 4 to 1 on the river vs the worst bluffing machine ever ...

[/ QUOTE ]
ELI is horrible. I was so pissed he didn't insta call that tell box GOld.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:46 AM

it's so painful to see jamie check down the river when he should be making thin value bets. no one is bluff raising him and he bluffs the river constantly, but is happy to check down top pair and two pair when the board gets slightly scary.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM

That Gold's riverbluff wasn't so bad. He showed the 4 of clubs, with what worse hands he could have got to the river? I mean calling with 4 high single card flush draw is donkish even for Jamie.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Like I said I'd have called before he showed the 4, but a better question would be why he shows the 4 with the flush when the logical conclusion from showing it is that he has the flush. I think I'd still tend to put him on J4, 94 or 44 and raise small, but its possible I'd think he has the flush and fold. The point is tho Eli should have called or raised already.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:57 AM

So what does the preview for next week say?

Are we getting a new lineup soon?

Sounds like this half million dollar table can't come soon enough.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 AM

Worst episode ever. Complete trash
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM

IMO, I think Daniel was advertising with that hand v. Jennifer. Looking bad on TV presents some nice +EV in tournaments and cash games later on.

I mean, I know Daniel is capable of making "big calls," but there is no [censored] way any semi-capable player, let alone a high stakes player, makes this call unless he loses all reason, which maybe Daniel is capable of from time to time. I mean, unless, of course, you don't know how to put a tight opponent on a range of hands. Calling a virtual All-in with KQo on a Kd 10d 7s board is simply retarted. You put a tight player who CRs into a lead with players to act, I mean, what do YOU think her range is. It's not just QdJd. It's that, other straight/flush combos, and every other hand that crushes yours.

The poker on this show is growing increasingly absurd. Interestingly enough, the one player who shows up to PLAY a high level game every week is Jaime Gold. I have to give him credit - he's really out to make some strong analytical moves. He's making plays based on stack sizes and math, not on goofy home game tactics, which seems to be the mantra of the table. I think that his antics at the WSOP 2006 were ridiculous and I would trust that man to guard a Snickers bar let alone any sum of money, but he's at the very least, an interesting player with a strong upside.

Barry
Old 10-02-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, unless, of course, you don't know how to put a tight opponent on a range of hands. Calling a virtual All-in with KQo on a Kd 10d 7s board is simply retarted. You put a tight player who CRs into a lead with players to act, I mean, what do YOU think her range is. It's not just QdJd. It's that, other straight/flush combos, and every other hand that crushes yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think { Ad9d, Ad8d, Ad7d, KTs, QdJd, Jd9d, T7s, 9d8d } is a reasonable range? Because stacking off is good against that. If not, what other hands would you include?

[ QUOTE ]
The poker on this show is growing increasingly absurd. Interestingly enough, the one player who shows up to PLAY a high level game every week is Jaime Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, lol.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what does the preview for next week say?

Are we getting a new lineup soon?

Sounds like this half million dollar table can't come soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preview for next week: Looks like the same goddamn donkeys again.

Preview shows:

- Hellmuth and Gold having some kind of bitchfight over how long Hellmuth is taking to act

- Safai donking it up with an allin, Elezra snap calling, then what looks like Safai not happy about his situation, then Elezra cringing as Safai sucks out, and Safai looking like he won but he knows hes a donkey. There's also some chance the suckout is the other way round and Elezra is cringing at his own luck.

- More Farha drivel
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think { Ad9d, Ad8d, Ad7d, KTs, QdJd, Jd9d, T7s, 9d8d } is a reasonable range? Because stacking off is good against that. If not, what other hands would you include?

[/ QUOTE ]Why not include 77, KTs, some KTo and a combo of TT? Does she also push with all of these flush draws or maybe flatcall some of them (e.g., nut ones) given it could be multiway?

Edit - I actually agree with WutRUTryin2Hit (below) for the most part. Given how she's played so far her range could be {TT, 77, AK}.

Also, did anybody note how obvious the "pros" were about getting Safai to stay longer? Did Safai noticed?