Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Intentional miscalling of hand at showdown

If it doesn't bother you to take her down a bit just say at the table at showdown she's done this in the past. Surely if she gets called out on it the whole table will be more careful in future if they play again with her.

I know you aren't the poker police but it clearly bothers you?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would bother me to be at the table with a angleshooting cheater. Why wouldn't it bother you?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would bother me to be at the table with a angleshooting cheater. Why wouldn't it bother you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol you have misquoted me, my whole reply was suggesting it bothered me enough to call the lady out over it. I was just saying in my last sentence I didn;t know whether the OP wa the type to speak out or just look after his own interests.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it doesn't bother you to take her down a bit just say at the table at showdown she's done this in the past. Surely if she gets called out on it the whole table will be more careful in future if they play again with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this bitch is bad for the game. I would call her out every time she pulled a move. For example, next time she pulls the big blind 'trick', I'd tell the table that last time she did this she had AA. Everytime she calls out her hand I'd say "careful, she has a habit of mis-calling her hands". Do it enough and hopefully she'll leave. Or she'll go on tilt and try to beat you out of pots, so value bet her until she's broke.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this bitch is bad for the game. I would call her out every time she pulled a move. For example, next time she pulls the big blind 'trick', I'd tell the table that last time she did this she had AA. Everytime she calls out her hand I'd say "careful, she has a habit of mis-calling her hands". Do it enough and hopefully she'll leave. Or she'll go on tilt and try to beat you out of pots, so value bet her until she's broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am reluctant to police the lady.
She is a regular and plays with some friends there, sometimes late at night she will have two or three friends at the table (only table going) so I don't have much interest in making multiple enemies in this type of situation. That's gotta be -EV --- known angleshooter and friends all ganging up on you.

Also, she has some other "moves" that are probably not clear angleshots that since I know what they mean - I can exploit. I know of one instance last night where I for sure saved a river bet not value betting my two pair because I knew she made a flush on the river (a real one this time, lol)

I do wonder whether I have a "responsibility" to some extent, I don't understand why the dealers don't have a talk with her, they may just think she is trying to be cute miscalling her hand since they are only dealing to her for 30 minutes at a time.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why the dealers don't have a talk with her, they may just think she is trying to be cute miscalling her hand since they are only dealing to her for 30 minutes at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she a better-than-average tipper? The answer to your question, quoted above, may lie in her tipping proclivity.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am reluctant to police the lady.
She is a regular and plays with some friends there, sometimes late at night she will have two or three friends at the table (only table going) so I don't have much interest in making multiple enemies in this type of situation. That's gotta be -EV --- known angleshooter and friends all ganging up on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like this room isn't getting a lot of business. Might be because honest joes looking to relax after a hard days work with a square game get tired of the angle-shooting and incompetent floor and go elsewhere?

If this is your card room, you have a responsibility to yourself and every other player to see it is run right. How aggressive you want to be is up to you, but if you call her on mis-calling her hands enough she'll at least quit doing it and that will improve your game (some). Or you can remain happy playing against oily angle shooters who run off all the fish.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:15 PM

Well, this is Red Rock Station - the limit games took a hit when they raised the rake - it is slowly coming back now that they reversed that decision. NL does great there. The floor is usually pretty good, and the dealers usually great, but there do seem consistantly reluctant to go after the regulars on stuff, which pisses me off.

I play regularly, am a winning player at limit games there, but am not playing primarily for the money. So I don't really care all that much about her action's meta-effects on the room at large. And she doesn't play 8-16 anyway (but I've been playing 4-8 lately since the 8-16 is only going ~4x a week lately.) I don't see any real advantage to me going after her when the dealers and floor won't, if I was a grinding pro I might feel differently about the situation. Maybe I am in the wrong on this, I dunno?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this is Red Rock Station - the limit games took a hit when they raised the rake - it is slowly coming back now that they reversed that decision. NL does great there. The floor is usually pretty good, and the dealers usually great, but there do seem consistantly reluctant to go after the regulars on stuff, which pisses me off.

I play regularly, am a winning player at limit games there, but am not playing primarily for the money. So I don't really care all that much about her action's meta-effects on the room at large. And she doesn't play 8-16 anyway (but I've been playing 4-8 lately since the 8-16 is only going ~4x a week lately.) I don't see any real advantage to me going after her when the dealers and floor won't, if I was a grinding pro I might feel differently about the situation. Maybe I am in the wrong on this, I dunno?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than calling her out in front of the table every time she does it, you could try alerting the floor as quietly as possible every time she does it. If you keep bugging the floor, they might start paying attention, pick up on it and say something to her on their own.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 PM

he floors probably have a pretty good idea who the regular problem players are. By complaining you give the floors who want to do something a reason to act.