Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: How risky is this? (BR related)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what these guys are talking about. GO FOR IT. You have 5 buy ins.. play tight and stack-a-donk. If you can buy in for 50bb do it. I say take a 4 buy in shot.. you can grind online if you have to or just get a job for a week. 90% chance of losing 5 buy ins when you are VERY +EV is a joke. You could run bad its true, but you only live once. If it were your last 1k ever i'd say you were crazy, but if you can get a job and save 500 or something for poker in a month then you're CRAZY to not take that shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely the reason that the vast majority of players end up losing their money. So, lets assume he runs good and wins. I suppose your next advice would be to push the next level up before you are properly bankrolled. Kept doing that until you are busto.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:05 AM

My plan was to start following proper BR management once I was properly bankrolled for $1/2 (4k?) and go from there, I would try real hard not to go busto.

Its just so tedious grinding these low stakes when I know I could beat the $1/2 around here.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Buying in short stacked puts you at a disadvantage. 50bb buy ins are the kind of players I see buying in over and over live. They are forced to play a slider strategy. They can't play all 4 betting rounds. To me they are the easy pickings. If you feel you can't buy in for 100bb then your telling yourself your not ready for the game. Were I the poster, I'd get in the game and measure myself. If you lose the buy in, evaluate your play, earn it back in the grind then take another shot at the 1-2 game.

Dave
Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 AM

Like I said, I know I can beat it but I am under bankrolled.

If I were to buy in I would do it for at least $200. Which reminds me, I don't know how much this changes the BR management, but here in Montana there is a $300 pot cap, so the most I could lose in any given pot is $150 (if it were heads up). So in a 5 player pot the most each player could put in is $60, etc. This would obviously cut down the most I could lose in one hand.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I know I can beat it but I am under bankrolled.

If I were to buy in I would do it for at least $200. Which reminds me, I don't know how much this changes the BR management, but here in Montana there is a $300 pot cap, so the most I could lose in any given pot is $150 (if it were heads up). So in a 5 player pot the most each player could put in is $60, etc. This would obviously cut down the most I could lose in one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - yeah it changes it. Reduces your chances of losing your BR enourmously. I now say if it is soft and you are confident go for it.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 AM

Withdrawal processing...

Anyone know how long it takes for a check from Full Tilt?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Withdrawal processing...

Anyone know how long it takes for a check from Full Tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 6 months if you listen to the horror stories here. Sorry, I'm from England and they credit my Neteller in about 1 day. Come on yanks press your government to get you back to the good old days
Old 10-02-2007, 09:15 AM

This question really depends on what you mean by a bankroll, and what you hope to achieve.

If your bankroll is your entire sum of money available to play poker then it is far more of a risk than if youre happy to stick an equal sum back into poker if you lose. If this is your entire fund for playing poker then it is super risky, but if youre happy to risk it then go ahead and play. I used to get poker promos online (the $50 free ones) and build them up for my friends playing $10 and $10 HU tournies. Of course this is bad "bankroll" management but if its a reloadable amount then its not really a bankroll. If youre not dependant on your poker money and can even reload enough to keep playing smaller limits then I say go ahead and try it. Good luck