Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: retarded question about Stars VPP balance

20k hds is not 'good grief I play a lot of hands'

Getting to the first milestone isn't really that hard imo even at lowish stakes.
Obviously a bit harder on NL and definitely harder if at lower stakes and/or you don't play very many tables.

FWIW - I recently completed the $5k bonus and expect that I should get to the $7.5k bonus before the end of the year. And I'm kicking myself for not being more disciplined earlier in the year and getting more hands in so that I would have a legit shot of making Elite.

A poster in another thread made a similar error in assuming that the milestone bonuses somehow weren't just confined to that year. Stars should probably make the page slightly easier to understand. I really didn't think it was that difficult to comprehend that they mean 200k VPP's WITHIN the year gets the $2k bonus. But drewontilt isn't the only one who has made this mistake.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm kicking myself for not being more disciplined earlier in the year and getting more hands in so that I would have a legit shot of making Elite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think, you've got a whole year next year of everytime you look at your balance to think how awesome 5x FPP would have been [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM

Yes, the explanation of this bonus was kinda vague. I also had to email CS twice before they really understood what I was asking. I wish I had figured the whole thing out sooner, since the "20k" hands that I mentioned earlier are at Stars alone. I also played about that many at Full Tilt since I get rakeback, but getting to one of the top tier milestone bonuses, plus the extra VIP bonuses that I would have earned on the way, would have been worth more than the FT 27% deal.

Ah well. I suppose I could give up exercise, socializing, and my lame attempts at meeting women in order to free up more time for poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah well. I suppose I could give up exercise, socializing, and my lame attempts at meeting women in order to free up more time for poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

now you're talking!