Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: quick question about talking during a hand..

so you did something you know you're not supposed to, then come here asking if it's ok because it was an obvious situation? keep your mouth shut and you wont have to ask this question again
Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM

The stakes don't matter - you're basically saying because you don't feel like you are playing for much money that you don't have to behave properly.

Don't say things during a hand - think them. It's a basic courtesy...and if that's not something you care about, think about it this way - you just chased off a good donator, and potentially just made your game tougher to beat.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 PM

You are an [censored].

STFU.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:49 PM

Wow, thank you for creating this account and this thread in order to inform us all of how much of a rockstar you are at poker. I am awed.

I bet you also throw out little bits of poker trivia and math at the table, and read hands aloud before the dealer does, too.

At least do us a favor and put out your bets cleanly and within reach of the dealer. When you muck, do so in turn, clearly, and also within reach of the dealer.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:10 PM

I have kinda done something like this to get a call when I have a great hand. ~$250 pot, heads up and I have the nut flush and action has been checked to me on the river, grabbing my whole stack,~$300, I put it in while saying "I know you cant beat a straight", villain instacalls and shows a low flush with a hudge smirk on his face which quicly goes away when he sees the A10 in my hand. He calls floor, who rules that I did nothing wrong, SHIP IT.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have kinda done something like this to get a call when I have a great hand. ~$250 pot, heads up and I have the nut flush and action has been checked to me on the river, grabbing my whole stack,~$300, I put it in while saying "I know you cant beat a straight", villain instacalls and shows a low flush with a hudge smirk on his face which quicly goes away when he sees the A10 in my hand. He calls floor, who rules that I did nothing wrong, SHIP IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is standard and you did nothing wrong.

OP, on the other hand, needs to keep his mouth shut.

You see the difference?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were heads-up, it's completely different.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM

I would have been pissed off too. Does that answer your question?

However, I wouldn't have left. I'd call the floor over to explain to you the rules which he/she would do a lot better than I could in that state of mind.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the OOP player shows J J and is furious at me for saying my guess aloud as that compromised the pot. i explained to him he couldnt have played the hand more obvious from my perspective (as he ALWAYS slow plays kk aa) and he got up left the room for the rest of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a guy pegged to this degree - why would you want to let him know it?

Especially because you were folding on this hand and could gain nothing further by stating your opinion.

And I agree with other posters that to analyze somebody else's hand with another person in the hand is clearly against the rules.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:11 PM

One time in my life I called a floor over to explain to someone about table talk. The guy had made a comment and I (I think politely) requested he not do that. He gives me a "I'll do what I please" response. Dealer didn't say anything, but the floor happened to be standing at the next table... "Jim, could you come explain something to this gentleman, please." Jim did a fine job of explaining that he didn't really much care what the gentleman's views on the subject were, if he did it again he'd be sent packing.

19 times out of 20 people realize they goofed and apologize. 1 in 20 they react badly. OP is one of those 1 in 20 dips.