FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: D
Ravens @ NO 3 30.00%
Giants @ TB 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: please read if you are a supernova

[ QUOTE ]

Making more rake might be an argument for trying to get more out of them but that is a different issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about wanting to make more out of them per se it's about getting what we used to out of them, as far as I am concerned at least. When the program started they offered SN only freerolls to the WSOP, to the WCOOP main event etc. which were very good value of themselves - apart from catch all VIP ones nowadays they gave up on those long ago. It's inescapable that to an 'ordinary' supernova i.e one that makes less than 200k points per year the program is far less valuable now in terms of extras than it once was.

Back to the matter in hand as someone who actually plays the freerolls there is no question that I would like to keep them if what is offered in the alternative is only $70-80 per month, even factoring in the inconvenience involved which I'm no great fan of and the time spent - I really don't want to lose that much in value. However as I stated above I think the tournament ticket idea is a fantastic one which could work massively in Star's favour in terms of a marketing draw - so I hope they strongly consider that one.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 AM

The only reason there is a loss of value to people who play the freeroll over the bonus option is because people who do play the freeroll are getting extra value from the 50%+ Supernovas who don't play.

That is to say all the supernovas contribute $80 toward the the 4 freerolls but since less then half play them the value for the people who do play them is at least $160. I don't see how that is really fair.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason there is a loss of value to people who play the freeroll over the bonus option is because people who do play the freeroll are getting extra value from the 50%+ Supernovas who don't play.

That is to say all the supernovas contribute $80 toward the the 4 freerolls but since less then half play them the value for the people who do play them is at least $160. I don't see how that is really fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's entirely their choice though (contingent of course on commitments, time zones etc. - there's a very solid argument for varying the times/days) we've heard numerous times in this thread alone that people don't play because they don't think the investment of time /inconvenience is worth it to them. I'm just stating my view that $80 per month (or 70 which was the actual figure quoted) would take so much out of the program compared to how it was at it's inception to make me very disappointed about the whole thing, whereas just to reiterate for a third time the ticket idea, even though it represents roughly the same or maybe a small increase in the value I’m getting currently would really make me enthusiastic.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 AM

While I do like your ticket idea it would have to be one ticket every 3 months. One every month would mean something else would need to be cut and I don't think anyone would want to give up a milestone for this.

It is not a small increase as you seem to think. It would cost Stars $3.5M/year more to do which is a pretty big number.

The ticket would solve the problem of players not being able to or wanting to play since it is my understanding that there is an entire other currency $T that tournament players use/sell/trade.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:37 AM

I would really enjoy being able to manually choose between a monthly Supernova freeroll ticket or the monthly fpp/cash bonus. As, I can occasionally play on weekends.

Any possibility of a system like this?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would really enjoy being able to manually choose between a monthly Supernova freeroll ticket or the monthly fpp/cash bonus. As, I can occasionally play on weekends.

Any possibility of a system like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The freeroll prize pool would have to be floating or at least substantially reduced for something like this to work. When 50%+ supernovas opt for the bonus the prize would have to be cut in half as well.

I personally rather see the ~$2M Stars spends on the freerolls be used for a new 600k milestone. It could fund 300-350 of those but I'm not sure how popular that would be or if considerably more then 350 people reach 600k.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:56 AM

If there is such a big jump in the money they spend to give each SN a million ticket each month, I would be willing to either receive on every other month, or maybe give us the option of buying one in the store each month for 4000 fpps (or whatever value they want to give us)
Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 PM

The math is easy to do.

2200 supernovas at $215 * 12 months = $5.7M

vs

$50k * 52 weeks = $2.6M
Old 10-01-2007, 12:11 PM

Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Even giving a ticket to the Sunday Million every other mth would cost Stars significantly more money then they are giving now.
I would love to get a Sunday Million ticket every month or every other month. That would be awesome.
I think it would also be awesome if they just gave everyone a million dollars and free cars. But Stars seems determined to only dole X amount and obviously giving this would be more than that. It seems they are willing to offer a bonus in the neighborhood of $70/mth to their players and probably aren't goig to go much higher than that.

That said though, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to bump the amount they are giving out.
Just because there are several more SN's now than there were before doesn't mean the value of being a SN should go down for the individual.

What would happen if suddenly Stars had a million SN's?
"Oops, sorry. We only have $50k alloted for you all you guys. Too bad there are so many of you. We'll give you a freeroll that is worth $0.12 in value and thanks for playing at Stars!!"

IOW, the individual value of being a SN should remain the same no matter how many players achieve it.
The idea that the value is pretty much going down for SN just because they are only willing to divide out X amount of money each month for all of them combined is kind of weird.