Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Default 55$ turbo HUSNG anyone crazy enough to call this? K9 on AAA flop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1530)
BB (t1470)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t100</font>, Hero calls t40.

Flop: (t200) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1370 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t-1170

This is the first flop we saw (third hand). I don't know anything about him, just some assumptions. They might be wrong though. He asked me where do I live with capital letters and his nickname is written in capital letters which makes me think he is an overaggressive donk (just a psychological assumption, but it seems logical - big letters, big ego, which translates to poker style of play - probably a question for another thread). Anyone insane enough to call this? I would bet everything I will ever earn that he doesn't have an ace here. I said "you have absolutely nothing" and he replied "u r right". All hands I am worried about are KT, KJ, KQ and pocket pairs. I might easily be ahead here. Pokerstove shows that against a random hand I am 66% favorite.

I folded because I figured I have such a big edge against this donk that I will wait for a better spot.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: 55$ turbo HUSNG anyone crazy enough to call this? K9 on AAA flop

The obnoxious all caps guys are always spew-monkeys but there is no way I'm calling this without a nasty read. Given the blind sizes, I assume you don't have a sick read yet so I'm definitely folding here.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The obnoxious all caps guys are always spew-monkeys but there is no way I'm calling this without a nasty read. Given the blind sizes, I assume you don't have a sick read yet so I'm definitely folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't obnoxius actually. He asked where do I live and he wished me GL. But it doesn't matter obviusly. I just feel bad to talk bad about someone who is not bad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM

Insta-fold. First hand and he re-raises a retarded amount? That's totally normal donk play and he will lose to you eventually barring a catastrophe. Small chance he has a PP and you're in really bad shape. Any way you cut it your edge here is pretty small unless he's got like 5-2 off. Credit him for brass balls and no brains, but wait for a better spot.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:10 AM

I don't think you should call , but I disagree with your reasoning . If you think you have at least a 53% edge , then you MUST play for all your chips . You should never wait for a better spot because you're costing yourself in $'s/h .
Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should call , but I disagree with your reasoning . If you think you have at least a 53% edge , then you MUST play for all your chips . You should never wait for a better spot because you're costing yourself in $'s/h .

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is kind of contradictory. On one hand, you say, I shouldn't call, on the other, you say that I should call because I have an edge against him (wouldn't that be an argument for folding)?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:57 PM

It's not contradictory at all .

All I'm saying is that if you know before hand , that you have a slight edge , then you should call !! You've made a common error in folding small edges for all your stack because you think you can outplay your opponent .

In this particular case ,Bayes theorem may tell you that your edge is no longer 53% .
Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 PM

So you call?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM

I wouldn't call here .
Old 10-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Looks to me like you have more than a 53% edge. I can't imagine this game lasting long with him playing like this anyways, but I surely wouldn't credit many players beating me here.

I don't know if I would call. At the smaller levels, I would call this all day.