Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 AM

Default 25NL: Turn broadway on 3 flush board.

<font color="blue">Villain just sat down (posted). No reads... (aside from posting like a fish [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])</font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($6.95)
UTG ($15)
Hero ($37.20)
SB ($43)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.95</font>, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: ($4.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $13.05</font>, Hero ?

<font color="blue">I'm curious about pf too. I tend to call these min 3 bets with anything decent assuming i usually have pretty high implied odds. Possibly a leak?</font>
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: 25NL: Turn broadway on 3 flush board.

I call here...He prob just paired his ace. Preflop is fine...you can't fold anything you willing to raise with to this tiny raise.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 AM

Instacall and fistpump while doing it!! You have the 2nd nut flush draw, with the nut straight....most likely you are looking at Ad, that just paired and has a flush draw to boot.

Which means you are blocking one of his outs on the flush, and besides I never give credit to someone raising in this situation. If he had the flush generally he smooth calls and looks to raise it up on the river.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:02 AM

Cool you guys just confirmed my thinking. Needed a sanity check. I actually feel kinda dumb for posting this now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Obv I called and he showed A7dd. Stupid results oriented thinking ftw!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:18 AM

I would call, but I wish you hadn't posted the results so early, since this does look exactly like the way many limp-reraising UTG posters would play their hand when they flopped the nuts.

But it's not so easy to flop the nuts, and some people do like to show up at the table and play like a spaz for a few minutes. Plus, your hand is strong enough to beat some monsters and has potential to improve. So those are the reasons that I would call.