Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 AM

Default QQ and JJ

Hand 1

I kid you not: From the moment I saw this hand in the pocket, I knew I was going to end up posting this as a troubled hand lol.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.02/$0.04
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (15.5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

Final pot: 15.5BB

After MP1's first raise, I was suspicious and just wanted to call down. Then I heard a bunch of angry 2+2'ers yell at me to tell me to re-raise so I did. But I wasn't comfortable afterwards and just decided to call down.

Hand 2

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.02/$0.04
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

Final pot: 9.75BB

That king on the turn was a real bitch. You could say my bet was a "value/semi-bluff" think I made the right decision to bet there? That river combined with what was on the turn convinced me to fold.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: QQ and JJ

I would probably fold turn on JJ because i dont really know what im beating, your dead to any two hearts with QKA of hearts in it. QQ is a bit stanard i think. I would probably call tho.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM

Hand 1
You were correct to 3-bet the flop, because MP1 could easily have raised with a flush or possibly straight draw.
After MP1 capped the flop, and the 3rd flush card fell on the turn, I think that you were correct to call down.

Hand 2
You never like to see an A or K on the board when you have QQ.
I would also have bet the turn when checked to, and folded to the river bet.
I may have called the river bet, if I had been heads up against the BB. However, with another player still in the hand, I would have considered it less likely for the BB to bluff the river.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:10 PM

wait a minute... so the 2+2 forum junkies, for once, are telling me my play was correct?

cool million!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:04 PM

First hand: Nice bananas

Second hand: I am a calling station so I pay off. That 8 is a scare card and he may be bluffing a busted draw. I think it's worth it even with a loose goose behind me.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:05 PM

hand 1 preflop and flop look good to me.

I probably do the same and check down on the turn, no one is likely folding here and you may still have best hand.

3 way in the middle I have to agree with the fold on hand 2 as well.

H/U I call.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:23 PM

1) Looks ok. In postition, you could just call to raise a safe turn. Oop, 3betting the flop is fine. Just call down after the flop cap.

2) Your turn bet isn't a 'semi-bluff' at all. No better hand is folding. It's a straight value bet, because worse hands are still calling.

I call the river here, but I'm not happy about it.