Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: PL50:45s gets 3bet, I make a loose call IP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He's the third loosest at this table after BB <font color="blue">and me</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

We may have just found a problem in your game....Being one of the loosest people on the table is usually a BAD thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually. But with four people on my left trying to give me their blinds and two on my right limping to me constantly I end up raising a lot of hands. I certainly wasn't cold calling tight player raises from the blinds or any nonsense like that. Nor do I mean to imply anything about my regular play by saying I was playing loose at this table. I don't have any standard or goal. I try to play as the the table dictates. At this table stealing from the tight players and isolating the looser ones in position was fine.

That said, I do tend toward loose play and it definitely costs me some serious profit. I'd be 1.11BB/100 better off if I stopped playing hands from UTG entirely.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:00 PM

The preflop call is good. Bet flop and raise river.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, why?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't see vill was short. 100bb deep it's obv a call. Folding is probably better, but I don't really mind taking a flop ip getting 3:1 with 54s as long as you know how to play postflop.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:18 PM

deleted
Old 09-29-2007, 10:48 PM

I feel I end up in spots like this all the time myself. Yes obviously you canīt call vs a passives range pf because he is never ever folding better. But on the other hand, look how awful his play was, you got to see the turn for free and he gave you immediate odds to draw on the turn. And with that many free cards to make your hand your odds pf goes way up, so I think it is kind of ok pf.

And shove river ffs.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:21 PM

Grunch:

Preflop: Your raise would be fine if you are playing the bully role. The only problem is that neither of the players you are isolating are deep at all. I think I fold this here.

Flop: Is our weak, passive villain a calling station or weak-tight? If he is a calling station I check this through. If he is weak-tight then I bet this here with the FD and a check to me.

Turn: As played I think this is fine. You are getting 5:1 and have a pair with a FD.

River: As played you need to raise this. I probably raise $9-Shove here. I hate to scare villain off, but we have to extract value. Maybe a min-raise here is better? It would be read dependent - I typically hate min-raises, but a weak-tighty is more likely to call that than a shove, whereas a station will call more.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I should have pushed river. I even knew that at the time.

I had actually pushed the slider all the way over before I chickened out. I had that sick feeling you get when you know you are beat. When the math says push and the gut says fold. I posted this because I wondered if there was something about the way the hand played out that triggered that feeling. The minraise preflop maybe?

He shows KK. I do a little results-oriented lol-dance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it looked possible he had a big hand is because this type of player reraises very few hands preflop and would porbably make a decent size flop bet if he had JJ or maybe TT and then give up, whereas here he checks flop which is very fishy after the reraise preflop and then the very weak turn wanting a call too.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:50 AM

I don't mind your play on any street, including river. What's he going to call with that you actually beat? I don't think AK plays this way, it bets the flop. JJ/TT/AQ might check the flop and play turn and river this way, but they're folding. What you're left with are sets/KQ and stuff that'll fold to a raise. They shouldn't have checked the flop, but we all know that super strong hands often check the flop -- his river range is polarized.