Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Confused at the River

BB stats 27 / 7 / .79/ 115 hands
Button 10 / 3.3 / 3 / 30 hands

I think i played the hand ok until the river. On the flop I felt I had a back end flush draw and I had a gut shot to a straight so I wanted to see if i could limp through to the turn or call at least only one bet since I did not want to drive anyone off since i felt with this hand if i made it I wanted to have it multi way.

The turn paired the board but improved my hand. Since there was 3 others in the hand and I decided to play passive and since the aggressor was the button I did not want to donk into him since I could not really beat anyones hand at this point and was pretty certain by betting i would not scare anyone off. More importantly I thought if i did bet and he reraised and chased off the other two that even if i did hit the river I would be losing money since I was sure at least one or both would chase the river bets for a showdown. Once again perhaps I played this wrong but since my hand beat nothing, if i did not hit the river I could not win...so i checked called.

When the river did hit, I planned to do a check raise. But when the other guy beat me to the punch i did not know what to do. I wanted to raise but chickened out. I should have raised and then called a cap ? I was sort of fearing that the BB had made a house and waited until the river to spring his trap.

Comments and corrections would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 09-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Confused at the River

hmm, maybe some content.

I would fold pre flop
peeling thurn with the gutshot is really slim (now look what the preflop call did)
Well call turn with lots of outs

Bet river. (I think... someone correct me on that)
Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM

Easy fold PF.

Flop seems fine. Great odds for a call.

If the board hadn't paired I'd c/r a club, since it did I play it the same. Looks like there could be an argument for raising too.

FH seems unlikely given he called the turn. I'd 3bet, call a cap, and expect to see trip 9s. He could be raising very light here given that BB likely has nothing.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:38 PM

Fold pf.

Everything afterwards is fine.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify: fold pf the FIRST time. Once you've limped, you have to call the raise.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:34 PM

the 9c is the only club that would actually make any sense to cr. otherwise the pfr is basically never going to fold once he bets the turn.

hero needs to bet the river because people will chicken out 3-way with multiple turn calls on that card (not a huge deal though).

folding the flop would be horrendous. preflop limp is a small error that is a big leak because you have the chance to make it a loooot
Old 09-29-2007, 11:00 PM

Frig yeah, limping with no other players in pot with disconnected suited is a leak. If I see a guy do that I make a note on him immediately.

I love playing against players that do that.