Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Help with Analysis, does this mean i suck or have just hit a bad r

I cannot get the program to work either, crashes everytime on startup. I wonder what it could be.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 PM

I have no idea what the problem is. Crashes like that are usually caused by issues with the third party driver file. Since you're having exactly the same problem with Holdem Manager (and other .NET programs work), I suspect it's due to two files we both use, called npgsql.dll and mono.security.dll. But I haven't been able to track it down.

Could you try the latest version of Holdem Manager, and let me know if it works? Roy has upgraded to a later version of these files, which may fix the problem. If it does then I'll do the upgrade as well.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what the problem is. Crashes like that are usually caused by issues with the third party driver file. Since you're having exactly the same problem with Holdem Manager (and other .NET programs work), I suspect it's due to two files we both use, called npgsql.dll and mono.security.dll. But I haven't been able to track it down.

Could you try the latest version of Holdem Manager, and let me know if it works? Roy has upgraded to a later version of these files, which may fix the problem. If it does then I'll do the upgrade as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working now. Well done!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the files from Holdem Manager and replaced my PokerEV with them, it still gives same message. Also, I can't run Holdem Manager it says beta is expired even though I downloaded newest one and havn't used before? Also I have tried repairing the framework 2.0 and that didn't help. Any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2007, 08:35 PM

phil,

how are you calculating all in luck? how are you handling multiway all in situations where one of the other players folds after you are all in?

i'm not convinced that i'm actually 100 buyins below expectation since july. something seems to be wrong here.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 PM

what does equity adjusted mean?

also what does net run mean?//

both are in the statistics tab..ty
Old 09-29-2007, 11:31 PM

Equity adjusted is what you should have won.
Net run is how much your actual winnings differ from your adjusted winnings. If it's red, you're running back. Green, running good.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
phil,

how are you calculating all in luck?
i'm not convinced that i'm actually 100 buyins below expectation since july. something seems to be wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey pete,

It's discussed further up in this thread. Basically I calculate equity vs contribution on the all-in in street (adjusted for rake), and compare with your actual winnings to get a net run value.

For example(ignoring rake), $100 pot on flop. You bet $100(all-in), opponent calls $100 (all-in). You have 60% equity. Your expected gross win from this street is $120. The program then calculates what fraction of that river side pot you win, and compares to the expected gross win. This gives a net run value, which is added to your actual winnings for the hand to produce a "net run adjusted" value. The other way of doing it is to calculate based on total pot size, but I did it this way because I find the other way flawed (discussed above).

[ QUOTE ]
how are you handling multiway all in situations where one of the other players folds after you are all in?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is done incorrectly, and can skew the results for people who regularly short stack. It's discussed above. It'll be fixed in the next version with an option to exclude these situations. I'm assuming the effect isn't large, since both curtains and ImsaKidd report running roughly equal, but it may be for you. It shouldn't affect full stackers at all.

The other source of potential error is if you import from unsupported sites, or sites that don't save mucked showdown hands. In this case the graph will say "contains data from untested sites" and will be unreliable. I left it in because some people want to use the filters.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I took the files from Holdem Manager and replaced my PokerEV with them, it still gives same message. Also, I can't run Holdem Manager it says beta is expired even though I downloaded newest one and havn't used before? Also I have tried repairing the framework 2.0 and that didn't help. Any ideas? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are so many different things on your computer that could cause this that's it's very hard to track down. The next version does a few things differently and has better error logging, so hopefully that will work. If not, I'm going to spend some time working through these issues.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
phil,

how are you calculating all in luck?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey pete,

It's discussed further up in this thread. Basically I calculate equity vs contribution on the all-in in street (adjusted for rake), and compare with your actual winnings to get a net run value.

For example(ignoring rake), $100 pot on flop. You bet $100(all-in), opponent calls $100 (all-in). You have 60% equity. Your expected gross win from this street is $120. The program then calculates what fraction of that river side pot you win, and compares to the expected gross win. This gives a net run value, which is added to your actual winnings for the hand to produce a "net run adjusted" value. The other way of doing it is to calculate based on total pot size, but I did it this way because I find the other way flawed (discussed above).

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how the other way is flawed - it should allow you to make better winrate estimates without any bias. if you don't think this is true i'd like to hear why.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how are you handling multiway all in situations where one of the other players folds after you are all in?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is done incorrectly, and can skew the results for people who regularly short stack. It's discussed above. It'll be fixed in the next version with an option to exclude these situations. I'm assuming the effect isn't large, since both curtains and ImsaKidd report running roughly equal, but it may be for you. It shouldn't affect full stackers at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think that's necessarily true. it won't affect full stacks often, but when it does the pots could be very large. i don't think the difference is negligible if you're trying to make winrate estimates.