Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Hollywood Poker - The good and the bad

Just thought I'd post here about my recent experience with Hollywood Poker, an OnGame site. I signed up with them a bit over a month ago through the 5 free 2p2 books offer, and chose the $200 bonus option. Everything was going swimmingly until a couple of weeks ago when my account was suddenly frozen. I was told to go through the whole security review rigamarole (strangely they requsted a scan of my passport yesterday when I had sent them a scan of my driver's license when they first requested photo ID), and my account was just unblocked today. Unfortunately my bonus expired two days ago, of which I had $80 left, which is quite significant to a .5/1 player. Just as bad, the 2p2 offer is dependent on clearing the bonus, so I'd lost out on that too.

I sent an email to support saying that I thought it would only be fair and a goodwill gesture if they gave me an extension on my bonus. They said they couldn't do that, but did deposit $20 into my account, which they said was unusual and specialized to my circumstances. They also claimed that the security check was random. I wonder about that, but whatever. I cashed out because bonus-whoring is my thing and I want to sign up with some other site for the free books, but overall, I'm only mildly pissed off. The $20 was a good gesture, and I have to admit that their support was always quick to reply and reasonably informative. Oh, and the games are really fishy.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker - The good and the bad

Sucks. They should give you an extension. Try Tower or RedKings out, they are small enough to really do their best for players.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker - The good and the bad

They also claimed that the security check was random

you mean like security checks at airports are "random"?