Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM

Default NL100 , JJ faces reraise on flop

my 1st or 2nd hand at this table
villain is 23/6.7/1.5/ with a wts of 35 over 800+ hands

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $99.00
BB: $118.75
UTG: $199.90
MP: $95.45
CO: $102.20
BTN: $41.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.00</font>, BB calls $12.00, CO folds

Flop: ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $50.00</font>

do i wanna play for stacks here?

i have no idea about his coldcalling range PF in the BB tbh

whats my play?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: NL100 , JJ faces reraise on flop

I would play for stacks here. I believe his range includes smaller pairs, over cards, and flush draws. I don't believe getting it in here is a mistake in the long run.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:14 AM

I play more PL than NL - so take this for what it is worth.

I think your flop bet is quite weak given the flush draw is out there. More laggy opponents will seize on this.

I would make this more like $27 and if raised I think I could find a fold. With your bet I think it is more difficult, but folding is probably the most sensible option. At the end of the day you really only beat 88,99,1010 and are in trouble vs AcKc/AcQc although still slightly ahead.

Generally I think it is fair to say that most sensible opponents cold calling range after a raise and a re-raise with a player still to act is medium to high pocket pairs and AK.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:14 AM

but 3betting in the SB isnt really a weak move plus my flopbet isnt weak either imo (could have been a litte bigger in hindsight...)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but 3betting in the SB isnt really a weak move plus my flopbet isnt weak either imo (could have been a litte bigger in hindsight...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Bigger bets get more worse hands to fold. I think this bet size is fine as long as you don't fold to a raise like in this hand.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a little weak with the draws. One would expect something close to psb on the flop to protect a good made hand on this drawy board, so when you make it weaker it causes many aggro players to .... well, play aggressively against you, making your decisions tougher.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:25 AM

as mentioned above i admit that my bet wasnt wellsized - i usually fire a PSB here

comments on my line as played?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:30 AM

I think it is close - opponent is not massively aggressive and doesn't play complete crap by the looks of his stats. I think you are looking at a hand that beats you often enough to fold this.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as mentioned above i admit that my bet wasnt wellsized - i usually fire a PSB here

comments on my line as played?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's close, particularly since 1/3 of your stack is already in the pot, and there are many hands you're ahead of here against a guy with these stats. It's probably a good idea to run some ranges on pokerstove and see what your equity is. I don't have time right now, but might come back to this.

Anyhow, in practice I probably push this, but I won't be surprised if our equity against his range makes a fold more sensible.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM

I think playing for stacks is sensible, if a little loose, here. Villain may be putting you on AK or a draw.