Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Ideal Full Ring PT #\'s

Now that is impressive.

When I first started playing FR, I thought that there would be less of a difference in ranges between winning styles, due to the amount of players.

It's nice to see that there is still lots of ways to be creative with a less than nitty style.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Carter,

I'm glad you know that you have a small sample size and I commend you on attempting to play this style. I want to warn others about the "cons" of playing this style even though it may be more profitable than tag.

It is going to be EXTREMELY stressful. I play about a 16/12-15 and I have been consistently making money in NL400 every single month. My worst month is about 4k. I have about over 450k hands in NL400. And within those 450k hands, I have experienced near break even streaks of 50k hands and only coming up with liek 5-6 buyins. Thank God for rakeback, I made money bout 4 k that month. But I have seen many players play this style of poker and the good ones seem to last for a few months.

I suggest, you don't plan on cashing out at all and build a monster roll for this style. Because you will run into break even or losing months more often than a tag IMO of course, but on the bright side you will have months that far beats my best months. Pros and cons guys...that's the core reasoning on whether or not you want to play LAG or TAG

Again you have to ask yourself, do I want to stress out like crazy for just a few more thousand dollars a year? - This is something GP said in his Cardrunners video.

At one point, I wanted to play like Prahlah Friedman, but I realized that that style of play is just wayy to stressful. I'm happy making consistent income monthly playing 16/ 12-15 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest, you don't plan on cashing out at all and build a monster roll for this style.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again you have to ask yourself, do I want to stress out like crazy for just a few more thousand dollars a year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two very good points for people wanting to play a LAG style.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Diebitter, if you are over 50k hands, would you post your stats?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diebitter, if you are over 50k hands, would you post your stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, my pokertracker was getting too slow for some reason, so just cleared it out completely. It's about 14/8/2.5 for the last 70K I think (I've played a lot of multitabling lately, not much 1 tabling, and I tighten up considerably when playing 12). I pay way less attention to stats other than pp/100 than I should.

Also, I've obv changed a lot since the 40/14 post. I'm a multitabling tag mostly now.

But reading this back has sort of decided me on going back to single-tabling...