Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: New D&B Shorthanded book.

I live in the US and got my copy yesterday. I ordered it on amazon via the book depository last thursday so it got here super fast. I'm even on the west coast.

As for content, it looks good. I'm only 75 pages in but it reads very fast. I've barely gotten to the hard content yet, the first 35 pages or so are just about playing poker online, which is kinda weird but interesting to read. It doesn't look like it's going to be the groundbreaking book I was hoping for but I think it will be very useful to get another set of views on shorthanded play since stox's book is really the only other book devoted to the subject. Like I said, only about 1/5 of the way through it, but so far I like it.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:40 AM

About halfway through the book. Excellent.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:34 AM

Jokes aside, I'm really glad to see that a lot of the people who have actually taken the time to look at the book are singing its praises. While they may not think, as I do, its one of the best poker books they have ever read, the general consensus seems to be that it is very good thus far.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 AM

Yeah, it's so good I dropped 100bb in the last two days! Doh! Not a ringing endorsement, it has little to nothing to do with the book. I just needed to self deficate a little.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's so good I dropped 100bb in the last two days! Doh! Not a ringing endorsement, it has little to nothing to do with the book. I just needed to self deficate a little.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mm.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:46 AM

Sorry to hear that. Downswings in limit hold 'em are just awful and all too common. Hope things turn around soon.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 AM

I got my copy today and after browsing i dare to say that it indeed one of the better books
The reason is simple it is really well written easy to understand it also has a bit of psychology mixed in
Any book should be able contain valuable even sophisticated advice and being
easy to read
Don't misunderstand me WITHG is still a must read but will take more effort to get through it and to digest and be able to apply the knowledge in it.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:14 PM

My copy arrived today! i have just started reading it and am on page 40. The layout has been easy on the eye and is comfortable to read. Much of the early stuff on websites could have been left out, as someone mentioned on an earlier post, it doesnt really fit with a book that is probably aimed at people with some online experience behind them already.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adman, in your OP you said it was THE best book ever written. Above you said it is "one of the best books I've ever read." The difference is everything. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cactus Jack can you point out where in his original post Adman says that it was THE best book ever written ? or are you referring to another post/thread?.

DB.

[/ QUOTE ]

My deepest apologies. I cannot. That might be the point.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:33 AM

Adman,

I see that D&B have taken your OP and quoted part of it for advertising the book. Link is here. They also seem to suggest you speak for the entire forum.