Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: OT: & The 4th Supernova Elite is

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... the guy who never plays. Just ask him.

Meth is a helluva drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I have never said that I never play. I always just said I never play weekends because that's when you play. And that's true, I was very rarely playing weekends. I also took off 10 weeks during the year so far. Therefore I'll probably be playing every other weekend for most of the rest of the year in order to meet some goals I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're not denying that you're hopelessly addicted to meth?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They say that admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery. There, I said it. I am a meth addict.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, i'm new around here, but what levels do you play? what kind of a schedule do you have? etc.

if you don't mind divulging that information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any 6 man level $39 or higher but rarely lower than $78 & mostly $119+. I sign up for every $235, $325 & $565 regardless.

My schedule varies. As far as sleep I usually sleep from 4 or 5 a.m. until 11 a.m. When I start playing really depends. It usually wasn't until around at least 2:30 or 3:30 but I've recently been putting in a lot of hours to make up for all of the time I took off during the year and to reach some certain goals I set. I basically never play past 3:30 a.m. When I was on my normal schedule I was averaging about 48 hours/week and rarely ever played weekends so it was often just 4 marathon sessions Monday-Thursday, depending on what else I had going on. As I said, I'm off that schedule now and everything really depends. I'm trying to put in as many hours as I can while still having a life and staying sane. I'd like to average 60 hrs/week for the rest of the year but I doubt that will happen.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats JSH! Just wondering, I know you the play 6-man tourneys. How many do you play at once? And would you say there's a lot more deepstacked poker going on in those vs. the 9-mans?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's definitely a lot more deepstacked poker going on in 6 mans. You will see a lot more flops and even on the bubble there's usually options other than push/fold. There's usually plenty of play HU. Blinds usually don't make it past 200/400 and often don't even make it to that. I've only seen them get past 300/600 a few times.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Jhub, can you give a breakdown of your typical day? stakes? how many? sets or continuous?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

continuous. I've never said in sets. All of the other questions should be answered in the posts I just made above.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quite the MN connection:

JSH06: Winona, MN

From PokerStars:
[ QUOTE ]
Marchinvest2 is a 28 year-old owner of several fast food restaurants. He lives with his girlfriend on Lake Minnetonka in Minneapolis, MN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the milestone. Hopefully you've earned yourself a break (assumes grinding like that is stressful).

[/ QUOTE ]

MN FTW! I don't plan on taking any more breaks the rest of the year except for possiblyu the last week or 2 of the year. I already took 10 weeks off this year so I've had plenty of time off.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 AM

what is your expected hourly?
and what are the key differences between 6 and 9 man?

would you be interested in doing a "well?"
Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 AM

Contrats and thanks for the insights.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Meth is a helluva drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I have never said that I never play. I always just said I never play weekends because that's when you play. And that's true, I was very rarely playing weekends. I also took off 10 weeks during the year so far. Therefore I'll probably be playing every other weekend for most of the rest of the year in order to meet some goals I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They say that admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery. There, I said it. I am a meth addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd step is to stop playing SNGs on the weekend. You have to change your entire pattern of behavior. gogoogogoogogo
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Meth is a helluva drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd step is to stop playing SNGs on the weekend. You have to change your entire pattern of behavior. gogoogogoogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done for the week so go crazy this weekend.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 AM

My scrub @ss interview for this is on pokerstarsblog.com now. I look like a tool in the picture. Maybe it's cause I am.