Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: more 1/2/5

Just adding to iggy's accurate remarks: This is all relative to the flop. The important thing is to count your nut straight outs in big pots--i.e., whether you're on the top side of the draw. 4567 is NOT a good hand on a board of 89K or whatever, even if you have a flush draw to go with it.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: more 1/2/5

If this isn't boring you guys horribly, I'll just keep up the tradition of posting a session summary, this time on a cooler of down $560 after 8 hours.

This was actually all bleeding, won a few $100+ pots, mostly, I think, with good hands, although in one case I may have made a successful bluff. Couldn't get callers on my big ones, couldn't flop many sets, and one got clearly outdrawn--played ATs with offsuit 44 to a raise, flop came 4J9 without my suit. I bet, raiser in LP (solid, although seems occasionally a little trappy) flat calls, turn K, I check-fold. I was kind of glad the flush draw didn't hit the turn, as I really didn't like this board at all, as he could easily have had top 2 to go with big wrap. And, I suppose, he may have even just had top 2, but I can't call $300 there without flush draw for sure.

Then I also got bluffed out of a pot I raised: I have AKQTss (not to A) and raise in LP. 4 callers, and flop is AT3 with two diamonds, not my suit. The player at the table whom I viewed as biggest target CRs (as he hadn't really done at all to that point), and I fold. He did at this point know I'd rep top set on a bluff a fair amount. In this case he had bottom 2 with nut flush draw. So, I lost $150 when he CRed to $600, and I folded.

I do wonder if I'm making a few too many "moves" at this point, although the game was again playing much tighter (more similar to online) than on some of the other days. Anyhow, I feel like online I get a lot more folds, perhaps due to most of the regulars having seen me nut-peddle for long stretches. I think the live game is catching me a bit too often repping top set to checks when all I have is TP with outs to top 2. I think there's also a little too much check-calling and CRing in this game to bet light with position as much as I have been. My own betting light was also what got me into trouble with my top 2 hand. I think the guy needed to be more worried about AA than he actually was.